This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No word on HDR?

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Is no one annoyed on how the phone's camera has practically no HDR? Whenever you use the HDR auto or HDR++, the dynamic range is literally reduced to nothing. The images turn out so bland. There have been evident photos posted about this previously and the concerned people have kept silent.
I need a response on this one. Should we expect an fix or just make do without the basic HDR feature available in the lowest end phones?
4 REPLIES 4

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I'm not sure about overall quality but HDR++ was waaay better on Pie and that's a fact. There was some info about camera software enhancements a few months ago but since official android 10 release there was nothing in that regard.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
ColorSage

I'm not sure about overall quality but HDR++ was waaay better on Pie and that's a fact. There was some info about camera software enhancements a few months ago but since official android 10 release there was nothing in that regard.

View post
What's the most irritating is that these people are acting as if the problem doesn't exist at all

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kinguntas23

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46799#Comment_46799

What's the most irritating is that these people are acting as if the problem doesn't exist at all

View post
Well HDR is subjective. I admit that HDR++ might not act like you expect it to but it's not supposed to give a Super HDR image. I understand that this is what could be expected with two plus signs after HDR but it was not the intent of our camera team. Instead they wanted HDR++ to give more "pop" than the HDR mode (which is called HDR+ auto).
I want you to take a picture using the HDR+ auto mode and at the same time, take a picture a phone of the lowest end and compare. Just make sure it says HDR+ in green on the screen before you snap the image. If the notification is not there, then it will just take a normal image.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
In that case your devs made nice mistake as old HDR++ algorithm got much praise in reviews. Sadly it got rollbacked.