This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Update

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Looks like Android 11 preview has already been released. Yet there's no indication or update whatsoever regarding Android 10 for the Rog Phone 2. All we keep hearing is "it's around the corner"

This is a complete joke. Can't Asus just be honest & give us a truthful response rather than making us wait and lie to us ??
24 REPLIES 24

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/46596#Comment_46596

That's great however you haven't given us a date for the update !!!! You've released 8 BETAS, WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED WITH ANY PHONE MANUFACTURER BEFORE.... JUST GIVE US A DATE RATHER THAN LYING TO US TELLING US "IT'S AROUND THE CORNER"

View post
Absolutely agree with you. I've been listen to the corner for more than 3 months now.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
That's the thing guys, seeing how afraid these guys are from committing and giving an exact date and choosing to beat around the bush says a lot about the company and their work ethics. Don't get me wrong I know that mods can only do so much and for the most part have been kept in the dark themselves but a little transparency and honesty can go a long way.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
If I tell you the date this can/will happen
We deliver on the promised date with all important bugs fixed = You're happy, we're happy. Total happiness!
We deliver on the promised date even though we have unfixed bugs = Total rampage. "At least you launched on the promised date" -said no one ever
We tell you the date but have to postpone one or two times because we find new bugs = 1000% more posts asking about the promised update and everyone are more miserable compared to when I say "it's around the corner"
When I said "around the corner" for the first time (which was about 1 month ago), this is what I believed and truly hoped but since then we've had to postpone three times because of new bugs that were important to fix.
We're doing our best to bring you this update as fast as we can. We know how upset you are and we hate to disappoint you but we know that it's better to wait than to give you something that isn't finished. Another famous brand made that mistake and we don't want to go there.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Ok take your time, but there should be a way to roughly track the process, for us. Be it Semi transparent too. Like there are tag on github repos mentioning wether build is failing, stagging or what. We can have vague number of active open Issues, number of fixed issues in last week, number of beta version released (info should available for non beta registered people too).

I don't mean that you should completely go "open-source" like, that won't happen in this millennium I know.
But the only way to make people understand the process of development,is to get them involved passively in it. Atleast they should have closer look at what exactly is happening behind the scenes.
Because then only people will know the hardwork the development team puts in, and also developers know what people are more excited about during early development. ( Like you can always Track metrics like on which build or issue people are engaging the most, and actively discussing about).

Its end to end process, we as community should work together towards everyone's good.

Please give this a thought, @Anders_ASUS, I'm sure you will have even better ideas to implement this.
Also GOD BLESS ANY PEOPLE FROM DEV TEAM WORKING FROM CHINA AND TAIWAN, and affected by Corona Virus. People are more important than software update.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
shreyashshah16

@Anders_ASUS Ok take your time, but there should be a way to roughly track the process, for us. Be it Semi transparent too. Like there are tag on github repos mentioning wether build is failing, stagging or what. We can have vague number of active open Issues, number of fixed issues in last week, number of beta version released (info should available for non beta registered people too).

I don't mean that you should completely go "open-source" like, that won't happen in this millennium I know.

But the only way to make people understand the process of development,is to get them involved passively in it. Atleast they should have closer look at what exactly is happening behind the scenes.

Because then only people will know the hardwork the development team puts in, and also developers know what people are more excited about during early development. ( Like you can always Track metrics like on which build or issue people are engaging the most, and actively discussing about).

Its end to end process, we as community should work together towards everyone's good.

Please give this a thought, @Anders_ASUS, I'm sure you will have even better ideas to implement this.

Also GOD BLESS ANY PEOPLE FROM DEV TEAM WORKING FROM CHINA AND TAIWAN, and affected by Corona Virus. People are more important than software update.

View post
I really appreciate this , very well said ??