This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update is draining battery tooo much

satyaj222
Star I
After the recent update to fix double tap issue, battery is draining way faster . Like almost 30% faster drain for 6z
Update number 17.1810.2001.129
12 REPLIES 12

krewniak19
Rising Star II
with the battery I have been tired for half a year of use, which update was worse, slide the battery up to 20% recharge it in normal mode without setting the time, it should help, clear the application memory and reset the phone, turn it off and on (before charging), greetings, colorful jumpers

Dr__Allwyn_Vinc
Star II
satyaj222

After the recent update to fix double tap issue, battery is draining way faster . Like almost 30% faster drain for 6z

Z7HCRQEEZH2M.jpg

Update number 17.1810.2001.129

Recent update is draining battery tooo much
Yes mine too. Its getting hot also in day to day browsing as well. Please Asus fix this ASAP

ZT-c4944f1a
Star III
Anders_ASUS

These battery draining issues are normally connected to one of two things

1. You have recently installed or updated some 3rd party app that's causing the drain
  2. There's a bug that triggered a battery drain because of your system configuration previous to the update

So what can you do to find out if it's issue 1?

What I normally recommend for you is to go to system settings -> Battery -> PowerMaster -> Auto-start manager

Here you must refuse all apps that has been updated or installed right before or after you started to discover the battery drain

To check the latest app changes you've made please go to play store -> menu -> my apps & games -> installed -> sort by Last Updated

To see which apps you've recently installed (it's easy to forget) download an app like "Revo Uninstaller Mobile"

Also make sure to kill all apps in the recent apps overview

If you're still experiencing battery drain then we're probably looking at issue number 2 which can only be fixed by a factory reset

View post
I completely agree with you. Most of the battery drain on any phone is caused by the 3rd Party apps. So please keep a check on the apps that you are downloading from playstore. Make sure you only install apps that are very useful and have a purpose to it.