This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect phone specs at point of sale

RoddersUK
Star I
As the ASUS complaint department is useless.......lets see what peoples thoughts are on here about ASUS.
I bought a ROG2 from the ASUS UK site, as I live in the UK. Spec on the site says it works on many FTE bands, so all is good. Lets splash out £600 on a phone.......
Turns out.........no the Strix model doesn't. Only the Ultimate does and this is shown on the .COM site they pointed out. But I like in the UK, so I went on the .CO.UK site. Also how is that something that should be considered in a model spec I don't know. More RAM, more storage.......all good things for a top model, but the bands the phone works on.........WTF ASUS!?
Anyway, your site doesn't show this for different models in the UK, so how is the consumer to know. In fact, after much complaining, the information was taken away. Almost like they were trying to hide it.........?
But they said they were sorry.........so now my phone works beautifully! ............no wait.........it doesn't.
I have a high spec phone on 3G..............yay. Actually 'yay' is not how I feel. I'm totally gutted to have spent this much on a pile of junk, can barely watch YouTube out and about, unless its 360p or I can find some WiFi.
LJ82S8X2FUUO.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

RoddersUK
Star I
I'd be more than happy with an upgrade, but I feel I shouldn't have to pay the full difference, perhaps some good will from ASUS would be a nice touch.

OPC
Zen Master II
RoddersUK

I'd be more than happy with an upgrade, but I feel I shouldn't have to pay the full difference, perhaps some good will from ASUS would be a nice touch.

View post
I cannot comment in that. Maybe you can negotiate something.

RoddersUK
Star I
Well, I've been apologised to. The spec is correct and it's my fault. That's been the response from ASUS so far.
Hence coming here now

OPC
Zen Master II
So your hopes are now here.

RoddersUK
Star I
Yes!
I don't to be going to trading standards or anything.
Just need ASUS to admit their site was wrong and help me out!