This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pie firmware for the US Zenfone 6

shadavis08
Star II
Is there a pie firmware for the Zenfone 6 in the US I need to downgrade because I unlocked with Android Q on the phone and it's messed up my fingerprint sensor it doesn't work at all please help thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
The download is available here. https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
In the notes, it says "ASUS ZenFone 6 ZS630KL Software downgrade from WW-17.1810.1910.63 (Android Q) to target Image Version: WW-16.1220.1909.194 (Android P)"
Based on that, I am unsure if your current version of Android 10 can be downgraded, but it shouldn't hurt to try.

shadavis08
Star II
Yes but I'm on WW-17.1810.2001.129
Currently and not sure it will have all of the US bands I need . I want confirmation from someone at Asus before I try anyting like that!

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I haven't tried to downgrade back to 9 with multiple versions of Android 10, that's why I noted it may not be possible with the most current version.
You won't lose access to any of the bands, that is a hardware function that doesn't fluctuate with firmware.
If the only thing you are worried about is the lack of a fingerprint sensor and are otherwise satisfied with Android 10, then I recommend backing up all of your data and performing a factory reset. The upgrade from Android 9 to 10 messed with the fingerprint features for many users, but was easily resolved with a factory reset.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
LP_ASUS

I haven't tried to downgrade back to 9 with multiple versions of Android 10, that's why I noted it may not be possible with the most current version.

You won't lose access to any of the bands, that is a hardware function that doesn't fluctuate with firmware.

If the only thing you are worried about is the lack of a fingerprint sensor and are otherwise satisfied with Android 10, then I recommend backing up all of your data and performing a factory reset. The upgrade from Android 9 to 10 messed with the fingerprint features for many users, but was easily resolved with a factory reset.

View post
Any version of Android 10 is downgraded to Android 9 with the same firmware, even for future Android 10.