This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the ROG Phone II stops working with US carriers, will ASUS support a trade-in?

Android
Rising Star I
One of the biggest fears about purchasing an ROG Phone II is that it lacks VoLTE, which means that it will cease functioning as a phone in the United States when 3G is taken down around 2020-2021. Consumers purchase this device expecting to at least be able to call and text since it is, after all, a phone.
My question now is: if ROG Phone II is unable to support VoLTE by the time carriers shut down 3G, will ASUS allow us to trade in the ROG Phone II for a heavily discounted ROG Phone III or ROG Phone IV which are likely to support VoLTE in the future? It's only fair to take responsibility if we are being sold a $900 product only for it to last less than two years.
P.S. It isn't only T-Mobile that will stop supporting 3G, ALL major carriers in the United States will, and this phone will become completely useless as a phone in the United States if it fails to support VoLTE in time. There is honestly more pressure on ASUS to support this feature than on AT&T or T-Mobile since they will not lose a single customer because every carrier in the United States are doing this.
13 REPLIES 13

yamvmax
Star III
Asus f'd everyone in the USA. Don't waste your time on a phone that won't function as a phone in the near future

jbatista510
Star II
The more responses I see from Asus on these forums, the more disguisted I am as a customer. I'm getting off and returning/selling the phone. Just horrible and the staff should be ashamed of themselves.

RoddersUK
Star I
Yup, ASUS are a joke. I bought a UK phone from the UK ASUS site direct and the 4G doesn't work properly, it doesn't cover all the network provider bands.........wtf.........
Their response..........sorry for the inconvenience.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Guys, a noob question? VoLTE work on ROG phone 2 here in India. But why not in US? UK? Can someone shed some light?.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
RoddersUK

Yup, ASUS are a joke. I bought a UK phone from the UK ASUS site direct and the 4G doesn't work properly, it doesn't cover all the network provider bands.........wtf.........

Their response..........sorry for the inconvenience.

View post
Please see my response to your other thread.