This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera on lock screen after Android 10 update

coderedcomputin
Star II
As title says, there is now a camera quick access from the lock screen. No password/pin needed. Just swipe and click away.
Anyone see any options for turning this feature off? I've seen nothing in security or camera settings.
11 REPLIES 11

Monark
Zen Master I
For me also my friends are taking photos which i don't like so implement this in next update

coderedcomputin
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26292#Comment_26292

That sounds so terrible I might legitimately complain to HR about it.

I hear you on the opt out request for this feature, I'm passing it on to the software team.

View post
Thank you for your reply.

paddyspostbox
Star I
coderedcomputing

As title says, there is now a camera quick access from the lock screen. No password/pin needed. Just swipe and click away.

Anyone see any options for turning this feature off? I've seen nothing in security or camera settings.

Camera on lock screen after Android 10 update
I agree, I've just got my new zenphone 6 up and running and I'm hugely disappointed that the camera is accessible without security access to the phone. Especially since the camera is a delicate moving part in this device. (I also work on an office of trigger happy clowns)

_jis_
Zen Master III
Workaround: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWIXFmHqJE
Try the second method if it works on ZF6.
We cannot use the first method, because ASUS deliberately cut this options.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Another workaround by installing special app:
Camera Block Free - Anti spyware & Anti malware - Apps on Google PlayWith this app you can add a widget on your homescreen that blocks/unblocks the Camera. If you have the camera blocked, then the camera icon does not even show on your lock screen.
Of course, if you prefer such a camera security then you have one extra click to take a picture.
Beware: You need PRO version for 24/7 protection coverage and no ads. The free version is turned off between 8-10PM.