This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm icon in status bar always there (solved)

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I believe this is happening to me since updating to 129. Even when I have all alarms turned off, the status bar icon is still there. Previously it would only be there when an alarm was actively scheduled. I'm not sure if this happened right after the update or not. I only use an alarm on the weekdays and I tend to turn it off on the weekends so that the icon is not there so I just noticed it yesterday.
I have tried the following without success.
Rebooting
Wiping the storage of the clock app
Toggling the option for the status bar icon off then on
02TLORGEBVDD.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
VS-KR

Have you got an application that can manage alarms ?

Where are you redirected when you pull the notification tray and clic on the alarm icon ?

PMYY1LLTQGKN.png

View post
Just the stock clock app. When I tap on that in the notification shade all it does is collapse it. No app opens. And, oddly now that you mention it, it says I have an alarm at 6:17pm today, but I don't.
7VYNET2DI45Q.jpg
OXH6FUXDKKIX.jpg

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Also on an unrelated note, the theming of the clock app doesn't seem to folly the system theming (see pics above) even when that option is selected.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
VS-KR

Disable the developer options and restart your phone in Safe mode.

If the issue disappear, then it seems like there is a conflict somewhere ...

View post
Realize now that it was tasker. I imported something to help auto switch dark and light mode. Apparently it acts as an alarm. Goes away when disabled. Not an Asus issue.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Another problem with Tasker and Next Alarm:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/17258#Comment_17258