This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 2 and ROG CETRA

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
It is hard to play games while playing and charging ROG PHONE 2.. coz the bottom port will block and right hand is not comfortable. wish the dev design the aero cooler fan with type c for audio.. that there is an additional port at the aero cooler fan designed for the ROG CETRA.
33 REPLIES 33

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Well your current headset is not native USB C so it's not the same. And I don't know the pin configuration of that L-adapter you have. You should not assume that all adapters are alike just because they look like USB C. The only standard with USB C is the look of the connector but everything else is NOT standard in any way.

I don't have a Cetra where I am right now but I tried with a DELTA USB C headset and it worked in both ports while charging

View post
it work both ports if side port is just for charging and not with the aerocooler fan attached.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS can the dev help make cetra light controllable via system lighting? i think it would help save battery if can disable the light while gaming.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
@LP_ASUS any thoughts about this?.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Hi! I can confirm from my own testing that you must use the Aerocooler port for the Cetra USB C and similar headphones when charging at the same time. But it doesn't really matter as long as it works in one of the ports. Just find a compatible L-shaped adapter and you're good to go. It would of course be slightly better if you didn't have to think about which port you use for what but then again, how many phones let you plug in two USB C devices 😉

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Hi! I can confirm from my own testing that you must use the Aerocooler port for the Cetra USB C and similar headphones when charging at the same time. But it doesn't really matter as long as it works in one of the ports. Just find a compatible L-shaped adapter and you're good to go. It would of course be slightly better if you didn't have to think about which port you use for what but then again, how many phones let you plug in two USB C devices 😉

View post
charging on the bottom port doesn't trigger fast charging. when aerocool is plug in