This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerMaster feature suggestion: limit charging to 80%

It's well known that the life of Li-ion batteries can be greatly prolonged by keeping them away from the 2 extremes (100% and 0%) qs much as possible.
Since I got my ZenFone 6, I found that if I charge overnight while I sleep, and take it off the charger in the morning, I am typically left with 45+% at the end of the day. So, if I limit charging to 80%, I would end up with over 20% still remaining after a day of use, which is pretty much ideal for the health of the battery.
It would be great if I could set PowerMaster to charge overnight to 80%. I can kind of emulate it by setting a much later wake up time than reality, but a true charge limiting option would be great.
3 REPLIES 3

Monark
Zen Master I
.NetRolller 3D

It's well known that the life of Li-ion batteries can be greatly prolonged by keeping them away from the 2 extremes (100% and 0%) qs much as possible.

Since I got my ZenFone 6, I found that if I charge overnight while I sleep, and take it off the charger in the morning, I am typically left with 45+% at the end of the day. So, if I limit charging to 80%, I would end up with over 20% still remaining after a day of use, which is pretty much ideal for the health of the battery.

It would be great if I could set PowerMaster to charge overnight to 80%. I can kind of emulate it by setting a much later wake up time than reality, but a true charge limiting option would be great.

PowerMaster feature suggestion: limit charging to 80%
Yeah this feature can be used even when normal fast charging.?

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I'm using config like start saving time from 14:00 and wake up time at 13:59. This way I can keep my phone at 80% for almost whole day. Dirty workaround but they didn't want to extend Power Master's capabilities to user-set limit so it is what it is.
I could also mention that we have actually a Li-Poly battery pack but I've found contradicting sources on whether polymer batteries last longer or wear off faster so it doesn't mean much.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'm using config like start saving time from 14:00 and wake up time at 13:59. This way I can keep my phone at 80% for almost whole day. Dirty workaround but they didn't want to extend Power Master's capabilities to user-set limit so it is what it is.
I agree and I am using the same workaround. There is no need for new explicite option.
I never ever charge overnight. I set my Start Time to 06:01 and End Time to 06.00, just before I wake up.