Did you mean: 

My phone keeps restarting again and again

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: Asus 6z (zenfone 6)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-16.1220.1906.167
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously 
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently bought Asus 6z on 25th July. I installed the latest update and after usage of couple of days the phone kept rebooting again and again. Before rebooting started, the sim signals kept turning off and on again. I did a factory reset as well but the problem remained. 
Please provide a solution to this as many others here are also facing the problem. It cannot be a hard ware issue as the problem started AFTER the latest update (after reading all related threads here). 
41 REPLIES 41

v_koundinya55
Star I
my asus phone is restarting again and again from the mrng. Its really frustating...is this a software prblm or hardware prblm??? it can be repaired or should i go with any other new phone bcoz i dont have any other alternate phone

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
v.koundinya55

my asus phone is restarting again and again from the mrng. Its really frustating...is this a software prblm or hardware prblm??? it can be repaired or should i go with any other new phone bcoz i dont have any other alternate phone

View post
I had the same issue. It's a hardware problem. Get your motherboard replaced.

Desislava
Star II
Hi all and Happy New Year!
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. However, I don't know if the cause is the same.
I noticed the phone cannot load the the sim card - it constantly sets it and unsets it afterwards. I suppose that it crashes so many times trying to load the sim card, that it decides to restart. Therefore, I have no service either!
It's frustrating.
The phone was working completely fine until I updated the OS to Android 10. I'm considering resetting it back to Android 9. The firmware version is the newest one (currently that is: Version WW-17.1810.1911.110).
I am attaching partial logs (logcat)!!! This part looks suspicious:
Failed to remove GSM cell broadcast channels
PS: Sometimes the phone randomly loads its sim card correctly and works fine for a few days.
PS2: I've tried both sim card slots.
PS3: I'm back to Android 9 and it hasn't crashed/rebooted for 3 hours so far.

Desislava
Star II
Hey @jonas.linter, did you manage to resolve the problem? Thanks!

i'm facing the same issue with my ZenFone 3 (3Gigs variant).... 😞