Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory sock Firmware flashing

juney
Star I
C078E7RDVAIJ.jpg
HI.
I am currently using the Tencent verions 8/128gb rog phone 2.
My bootloader is unlocked and i am running the latest WW rom with WW fingerprint.

I want to go back to the original factory state so that i may be able to get the Updates via OTA.
I want to go back to the original CN version and be able to get the OTAs

I read in some posts that Once bootloader has been unlocked. There is no way to get ota anymore. Whether it be cn or ww.. even if you lock the bootloader again??? is that true?

Can someone answer/help me get back to the stock/original factory rom.

i have attached the detailed snapshots showing my current version
6 REPLIES 6

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I can't offer any support, the risk of bricking your phone is way too high.
Are you sure you want to go to CN firmware? You'll lose access to all Google services.
Perhaps someone on the XDA forums has the know-how to help you do this without destroying your phone. I don't personally recommend it.

juney
Star I
LP_ASUS

I can't offer any support, the risk of bricking your phone is way too high.

Are you sure you want to go to CN firmware? You'll lose access to all Google services.

Perhaps someone on the XDA forums has the know-how to help you do this without destroying your phone. I don't personally recommend it.

View post
u mean to say that going back to the original factory state is risky???? ?
all the companies in the world have a strong and reliable way if you want to go back to the original firmware... whereas it is difficult to flash anyother rom/firmware as far as i know..

juney
Star I
juney

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45304#Comment_45304

all the companies in the world have a strong and reliable way if you want to go back to the original firmware... whereas it is difficult to flash anyother rom/firmware as far as i know..

View post
my phone is tencent edition and it is not supposed to have google services. i know i will loose google service, i just want to be able to get OTA updates

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
juney

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/45304#Comment_45304

View post
Because fingerprints was changes, so it is not in the factory state anymore. If it's just a ww rom flashed on the device then it's quite easy to go back to CN. But the question is why are you going back?