This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update ending with .129 killed my phone !!

Rangzen
Rising Star II
The latest update killed my phone; wouldnt charge on speed mode so i turned it off to see if would fix my phone but my phone is dead now. Will wait for phone to drain out the remaining battery and see if turns back on.
Unbelieveble, asus update are to be downloaded willing to take risk. You never know whether it is for better or worse.
9 REPLIES 9

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I wouldn't say that's the update's fault. While it's true, the phone does hang up from time to time (can't be woken up for a while), bricks are mostly caused by HW failures. Which happens unusually often. If it won't turn on and/or more faults will occur, the only answer to that is to RMA it.
You can also force shutdown by pressing Power+Volume Down for 10 seconds or so.

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Thank you for the procedure. It helped !

Rangzen
Rising Star II
But the problem is with the speed charging which is not working now. Moreover, If the phone battery is exhausted at 100 % the phone doesn't charge at all.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I've seen some of the threads regarding this issue but I can't recreate this problem so I can't tell what's going on. Assuming good cable/charger combo (that means you've checked a different one), you can disable battery saver or wipe PowerMaster app data. Maybe that can help.