This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Asus 6z (automatically shuts down won't start easily)

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
I'm facing this weird usual issue
Where my phone automatically shuts down and will start after 2-3 attempts 
I think it's a new bug that came with latest software update
Is there any way to fix this? 
58 REPLIES 58

bputra10bennypu
Star III
Idaho

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44826#Comment_44826

I'm having these issues as well... whatever I do with the phone, it will almost every time end up freezing and rebooting, getting stuck in a rebooting loop in the process.

Can't use the camera at all as it will systematically freeze, crash and reboot, and I'm always scared to use any other app, at this stage I only use it for a few seconds when I really need it, but if I use it for more than 5-10 minutes it will crash for sure, so much for mobility eh?

But at least this allows me to take and make calls when I need to.

All my issues are: Flickering screen, buzzing speakers, overheating battery and mobo, camera cannot be used, and after a few minutes of usage, under stress/load or not, the phone will systematically freeze and reboot, getting stuck in that rebooting sequence sometimes for 30 minutes. It also sometimes lets you think it's bricked, as there is nothing you can do to turn it On anymore, but I found out that if you wait for the battery to go completely flat, then you get a chance to start it again. So now I constantly keep my phone under the 20% so I don't have to wait for ages when that happens.

Charging it make it crash too anyway... And that's all these symptoms that make me insist for a replacement, as I really do not believe the faulty mobo wouldn't have damaged any other components as well.

View post
Well, i think this is crazy, maybe your zenfone 6 having both the hardware and software issue.

Idaho
Star III
Yeah, I really don't know. If it was crashing and getting back to the "home" screen I'd say there's a software issue but here it freezes, screen not responsive, flickers, goes blank and phone reboots systematically by itself. That's hardware and it's been confirmed by ASUS.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Idaho

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40508#Comment_40508

"They probably meant to contact ASUS Support."

No, they clearly said they aren't ASUS, but an independent reseller. I'm absolutely gutted and feel like I've been played as I was convinced I was buying from ASUS directly since I was on the ASUS website but turns out I was instead buying my phone from Laptop Outlet Ltd.

They didn't want to deal with my request (while they should have, according to the Customer Rights Act 2015) and sent me to the ASUS support, and thank you LP_ASUS for actually giving me the details.

Now my issue is that I have been requesting a phone replacement to ASUS, as a motherboard replacement isn't enough (faulty mobo means potentially wrong current, voltage and frequencies sent to other components, potentially damaging them, and I don't want to find that out after the warranty is over!) but ASUS don't want to replace it. They seem to believe that not only can I suffer the inconvenience of not having a phone anymore for potentially more than 6 weeks, but I can also get a still faulty phone back and have to re-send it again (which I can't afford as this would leave me with a massive inconvenience again since I am constantly travelling), or worse, get it to crash again but after the warranty is over, while I tend to keep my phones for years (this Zenfone 6 replaces two HTC One M7, those being single-SIM phones). A simple mobo replacement ISN'T alright, many other components may have been damaged, overstressed, and I shouldn't have to pay the price for this in the future! Not to mention how long it would take to get it all fixed: delays aren't respected, parts aren't in stock.

They then told me that to get a replacement, I had to ask the "ASUS Store", which is actually Laptop Outlet. I was gutted that ASUS would not take responsibility for selling faulty phones, whether they knew about it or not at the time of selling, especially after their OTA update triggered for the fault to declare itself, which can happen at any time and not just following the 30 days of purchase. Especially when you find articles about this issue all over the web, this is well documented.

But OKAY, I still had a few weeks to try and deal with the issue before I had to travel extensively so I then went back to Laptop Outlet, since they are the only ones that should deal with this in the end, as the Consumer Helpline funded by the government confirmed. Happily the Consumer Helpline gave me support and advice and confirmed it was my right, considering the situation, to refuse the repairs and request a replacement, even though it was more than 30 days after purchase. The problem is: Laptop Outlet are playing with me, they willingly ignore all my questions and keep replying the only same thing: "get it repaired, that's all you can do". They can't ensure repairs won't take more than 30 days, can't prove the repairs are relevant indeed (even went ironic enough to actually write "don't worry, if it's still not working right you'll have plenty of warranty left to get it repaired again"), refused to discuss compensation for the massive inconvenience it's already caused (they simply ignore that too) or even a 'courtesy phone' to provide me with while this mess is being dealt with, and refused to discuss any Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme, which is the next step for this since we don't agree.

So why am I coming back here to post this? 2 reasons:

1) Everyone, make yourselves a favour and avoid buying directly from the ASUS website, as you'd actually buy from an independent reseller, and their customer service/acumen is more than discutable so if you have any issue you'll never get support there.

2) Even though they were too happy to hide behind that independent reseller when it came to resolving this issue, would ASUS be willing to finally take their responsibility and agree to replace my phone before this stupidly ends up in court (next logical step as Laptop Outlet seem to refuse an ADR scheme and don't answer any of my queries)? Not that ASUS would have to worry about me going to court for this, but Laptop Outlet is your partner so you might want to step in on that occasion? It's already ridiculous enough it had to go that far...

I feel robbed, I payed £600 for a quality phone, I could barely use it for 2 months before it started behaving erratically on a regular basis because of ASUS OTA update and I couldn't find any support from either companies. This is incredibly stressful for me as I am left alone in this mess to deal with, ironically from a device that lets me down when I need it the most.

I've been a fanboy and loved all my ASUS and ROG products for years but honestly, the way this "independent reseller" have treated me makes me want to forget about this brand for years. It's shame though, these are really good products when they work.

View post
I understand where you are coming from, and that is a legitimately frustrating position to be in.
I can't offer any resolution regarding the reseller, but I can get you in touch with my colleagues on the UK Support team. I have no way to help from the US, but perhaps they can offer a workable solution.
I'll send you a PM.

alistairmidgley
Star III
It's disgusting that this issue has been going on for months and Asus are doing nothing about it. Yes, I've got too much time on my hands and yes, I'm going to keep bumping these to the top of the forums as long as Asus are pretending this isn't a common fault.

For every half hour or so my phone gets freezed and automatically turns off and gets on and off several times itself .even when I open camera instantly phone turns off.. recently I have been facing new issues with YouTube and MX player too..my phone's has become a shitty mess..I have even downgraded Android from 10 to 9,still the problem persists.
Did I received a malfunctioned product ?is there an update coming from Asus regards this?