This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 White Screen and back logo flashing red

wwwru98
Star I
hi there , its been a few days since I updated to the latest firmware (WW-16.0631.1910.35) and I pulled the phone from my pocket and unlocked it by pushing the power button and the screen became completely white and the logo on the back its flashing red , how can I solve this ? At the moment im just waiting for it to run out of power and pray for it to work but this isn t normal right ? Also long pressing the power button doesnt work , please help
EDIT : I managed to make it work again by pressing the volume down and power at the same time and it rebooted normally . If someone knows anything about this problem please share a solution , dont want this to happen again, thanks in advance.

24 REPLIES 24

amangond1998
Star I
anyone get solution for this. please help me.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@davidsquires56 Had a hardware fault and has been directed to contact a repair center.
At this point, that is my recommendation for you as well @amangond1998 .

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@caesar_kojak , I can check on the status of your repair if you're located in the US or Canada.

caesar_kojak
Star II
@LP_ASUS
No service center in Dubai for Asus Mobiles. Only the seller looked into it and they could only say it's a screen responsiveness and attachment issues, both both hardware and software together, but since I'm not the only one here, is it a specific batch that was produced faulty? Anyways they gave me a refund and I bought another one had for 2 days now and so far no issues on the screen. But Im sure the phone has to be tested for at least 2 weeks since that's when the problem started showing in the first phone.
The build is WW.... 1910.64 on both phones (old and new one)
First faulty phone SN : KBAIKN05B143LLX
New phone SN: KBAIKN05B455FW5
Maybe worth checking that batch of faulty Serial phone numbers of everyone here..
Hope the new phone continues without issues..
Let us know what you think

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
caesar_kojak

@LP_ASUS

No service center in Dubai for Asus Mobiles. Only the seller looked into it and they could only say it's a screen responsiveness and attachment issues, both both hardware and software together, but since I'm not the only one here, is it a specific batch that was produced faulty? Anyways they gave me a refund and I bought another one had for 2 days now and so far no issues on the screen. But Im sure the phone has to be tested for at least 2 weeks since that's when the problem started showing in the first phone.

The build is WW.... 1910.64 on both phones (old and new one)

First faulty phone SN : KBAIKN05B143LLX

New phone SN: KBAIKN05B455FW5

Maybe worth checking that batch of faulty Serial phone numbers of everyone here..

Hope the new phone continues without issues..

Let us know what you think

View post
That sounds ideal, and like a really nice reseller! I'm happy to hear that you got a replacement without much hassle.
Fingers crossed that this phone doesn't repeat the issue. If it does, let us know and we'll be here to support you as best we can. It is more complicated when your region doesn't have a repair center available.