This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint doesn't work under direct sunlight .

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Guys , i just spotted a new issue , the fingerprint scanner doesn't work under direct sunlight . When on the road under direct sunlight , how many ever times I try , it doesn't detect my fingerprint . The moment I move to a shaded area it works ! .
Mods please help! I travel a lot and this is very inconvenient.

I have the Indian edition of ROG 2 8GB 128GB , updated
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS
@ander6999
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Performance will be lower in sunlight as the light can refract on the screen at an angle which interferes with the optical reader but it should still work if you just turn away from the sun so you create some shade with your body. Could be that you need to register your finger with more than just one profile. Make sure to move your finger around when you register it. Both from which direction and where you place it on the screen. Try to get som partial fingerprints too.

Kanu
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

Performance will be lower in sunlight as the light can refract on the screen at an angle which interferes with the optical reader but it should still work if you just turn away from the sun so you create some shade with your body. Could be that you need to register your finger with more than just one profile. Make sure to move your finger around when you register it. Both from which direction and where you place it on the screen. Try to get som partial fingerprints too.

View post
So can it be improved with software update? Because i have two fingerprints registered for the same finger and it still doesn't open in direct sunlight

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44533#Comment_44533

So can it be improved with software update? Because i have two fingerprints registered for the same finger and it still doesn't open in direct sunlight

View post
The easiest fix would seem to be creating some momentary shade with your body and unlocking the phone, then pulling it back into direct sunlight when the phone is unlocked.
No light sensor is immune from being overwhelmed by the sun.

Kanu
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44614#Comment_44614

The easiest fix would seem to be creating some momentary shade with your body and unlocking the phone, then pulling it back into direct sunlight when the phone is unlocked.

No light sensor is immune from being overwhelmed by the sun.

View post
Okay thanks