This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise on recorded videos

gabvigno
Star I
Good morning, in every video shot with Zenfone 6 (latest update WW-17.1810.1911.110) , it is present a strange noise (like tapping on the microphone). I'm attaching a small video which shows the problem (Zenfone was steady during this recording).
Since this is not the first problem (see the other discussion "Headphone Audio Static?") i'm starting to think that my unit is defective.

14 REPLIES 14

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
gabvigno

Boardmic is OK but in the Boardmic2 test my voice is cut after 1 second.

View post
Then that could be the source of your issue.
Contact your local service center and see if they can help you track down what is going on with your microphones.
If you want to try something before going to the service center, back up all of your data and factory reset the phone. Before restoring from a backup, test the Boardmic again to see if it might have been a software issue. But I'm honestly leaning toward this being hardware related.

_jis_
Zen Master III
_jis_

This issue still exists even in 121 update.

View post
Despite that my both microphones works properly according to the test app.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41900#Comment_41900

Despite that my both microphones works properly according to the test app.

View post
Sorry for the late response. Would you be willing to take a short video to show that it makes the popping sound even when the mics are working properly? Was .110 the first FW where you noticed this?

_jis_
Zen Master III
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/44548#Comment_44548

Sorry for the late response. Would you be willing to take a short video to show that it makes the popping sound even when the mics are working properly? Was .110 the first FW where you noticed this?

View post
I checked it now and this issue is gone for me in the latest .129.
Was .110 the first FW where you noticed this?
I first noticed it in .121, but it was based on this thread so I don't know in which firmware version this bug appeared for the first time.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Got it, thanks for replying. If it pops up again let us know, but at this time I'll consider this a solved bug.