cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Wide Angle Camera Distortion

taylan_kilinc
Star I
Hi!
I took some group selfies with friends, but some of our faces (the ones close to frames) were distorted. Not only faces, in general actually. However, the picture is fine in the middle part. Has anyone experienced the same?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

prashanth
Rising Star II
taylan.kilinc

Hi!

I took some group selfies with friends, but some of our faces (the ones close to frames) were distorted. Not only faces, in general actually. However, the picture is fine in the middle part. Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.

Zenfone 6 Wide Angle Camera Distortion
Wide angle cameras tend to have fish eye kind of camera....some brand slike samsung try to crop it using ai and some dont

mr_mikemartins
Star II
prashanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/16533/zenfone-6-wide-angle-camera-distortion

Wide angle cameras tend to have fish eye kind of camera....some brand slike samsung try to crop it using ai and some dont

View post
Actually, the wide angle lens is too wide, distorting everything in the front facing camera, after the upgrade do android 10.
I have to correct the distortion in all the selfies taken with the front wide, in Lightroom

ColorSage
Zen Master I
There could be some change in distortion correction algorithm but we can't know for sure as the changelogs aren't precise enough.

prashanth
Rising Star II
Even the main sensor has the same effect as wide it on the edges ,i don't know if its the case with all other phones but this sure does and it messes up the selfies