This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolonging the battery life

vedhprakashy
Star II
This my first new phone I've ever gotten and I want to do anything I can to prolong the battery on-screen time and overall lifespan of it. I've already done most of my research on this topic myself and have applied what I learned, such as partial charging, avoiding hot places, planning to stop using fast/hyper-charging and a few more. I want to know what are you guys' take on this topic. Any tips are appreciated, it'll help both me and passing readers. Thank you in advance! ?
25 REPLIES 25

vedhprakashy
Star II
Also, is the battery care feature still active even if the phone is powered off?

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Just use your phone like you normally would and just enjoy the device. Batteries will degrade no matter how much you take care of it. But is it really worth it to lose sleep over following all the different methods of trying to prolong your battery ? I mean you will probably get a new phone after 2 years.
It is ok to use Hyper charging, it was designed that way. The reason you might not want to use it is because of the heat that is being produce when you charge from 20% to 80% for example.
What you can do to reduce heat when charging is to try and keep the battery close to 80 or 90% just do regular top ups like 5 to 10% in a day. Remember one cycle is from 0 to 100. Not much heat will be produced if you do it this way.
Don't charge while gaming on the device. You will get a lot more heat.
You can follow the 20% to 80% method if you are comfortable with it. For me I keep the battery at 100% without overcharging it and I do regular top-ups to keep it close to at least 95% before I actually charge it back to 100% in the morning before leaving the house.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Use scheduled charging during overnight charging
ABAE0D0M6A6B.jpg

julienvd93
Rising Star II
jetjosh92

Just use your phone like you normally would and just enjoy the device. Batteries will degrade no matter how much you take care of it. But is it really worth it to lose sleep over following all the different methods of trying to prolong your battery ? I mean you will probably get a new phone after 2 years.

It is ok to use Hyper charging, it was designed that way. The reason you might not want to use it is because of the heat that is being produce when you charge from 20% to 80% for example.

What you can do to reduce heat when charging is to try and keep the battery close to 80 or 90% just do regular top ups like 5 to 10% in a day. Remember one cycle is from 0 to 100. Not much heat will be produced if you do it this way.

Don't charge while gaming on the device. You will get a lot more heat.

You can follow the 20% to 80% method if you are comfortable with it. For me I keep the battery at 100% without overcharging it and I do regular top-ups to keep it close to at least 95% before I actually charge it back to 100% in the morning before leaving the house.

View post
Keeping the battery charged at 50+ % actually degrades the battery faster then 50-%
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries