cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] Keep flip camera open for longer

Oscillate
Star III
Hi,
Would it be possible to add a feature where the flip camera is able to stay open for longer in an app? Basically in apps like snapchat the camera is flipping quite often since after taking a snap the camera will flip back and will need to be flipped again to take another one.
Could an option be added in settings maybe where the user could set a delay on the flip or perhaps an option to keep the camera open in specific apps while the app is open, like how you choose with location in android 10.
This would help prolong the life of the mechanism as well since the camera won't have to flip as often.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
These are good suggestions. I'll pass them to the team for review. Thank you!

Oscillate
Star III
LP_ASUS

These are good suggestions. I'll pass them to the team for review. Thank you!

View post
Thank you! This was my only real annoyance with the software so I hope to see it implemented in a further update.
Thank you for listening to feedback and being transparent on here, the direction of the software is so much better!

Oscillate
Star III
@LP_ASUS any update on this being added? I really believe it should be an essential part of the software to help preserve the life of the flip camera.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Oscillate

@LP_ASUS any update on this being added? I really believe it should be an essential part of the software to help preserve the life of the flip camera.

View post
I only have to power to suggest. 😉 Those decisions don't filter back down to me until I read the patch notes.