cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] Keep flip camera open for longer

Oscillate
Star III
Hi,
Would it be possible to add a feature where the flip camera is able to stay open for longer in an app? Basically in apps like snapchat the camera is flipping quite often since after taking a snap the camera will flip back and will need to be flipped again to take another one.
Could an option be added in settings maybe where the user could set a delay on the flip or perhaps an option to keep the camera open in specific apps while the app is open, like how you choose with location in android 10.
This would help prolong the life of the mechanism as well since the camera won't have to flip as often.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Mayendra
Rising Star II
yes and Instagram also, after we take selfie story, then we see our preview, the camera flip back, and it needs flip again when we want to make selfie story again. when when we just want to try many new filter, the camera flip often just because the transition between take-preview-back-take-preview-back

MrHornet
Rising Star I
Basically it happens in all third party apps. When you switch from capturing window, even for previews, it flips out.
Actually, it should be made like, keep the camera flipped unless we switch the app.

Oscillate
Star III
MrHornet

Basically it happens in all third party apps. When you switch from capturing window, even for previews, it flips out.

Actually, it should be made like, keep the camera flipped unless we switch the app.

View post
Yep this is exactly what it needs to be. This is the default behaviour in the camera app, if you view photos in app while the camera is flipped it does not flip back down.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I would greatly appreciate if it would be possible for each third-party camera application to preset whether to use the main camera as a selfie camera and vice versa.
The phone would de facto lie and tell the app, "I'm a selfie camera" while it will be the main camera so the Flip camera will remain retracted.
I would then switch cameras directly in the application only if I really needed it.