This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint scanner doesn't appear on lockscreen occasionally

fo13vr
Star I
Fingerprint scanner sometimes doesn't appear on lockscreen, so the only way to unlock is the secondary screen lock. The fingerprint scanner would come back after you unlock it. This happens like 5% of the time when I leave my phone idle.
It's not from turning off and on the phone because I know that you would need to enter the password the 1st time once the device is turn on. My device have been on for several days and I tried restarting the device, but it doesn't resolve the issue.
Is this a known issues? I have been having this issues for awhile since last year November and I thought it would eventually get fix...
2 REPLIES 2

gsanchez
Rising Star II
If you have only option to unlock using screen password, don't worry, it's normal. From time to time all smartphones ask for screen password to unlock (I had Windows Phone, iPhone, Samsung S10 and now Rog Phone 2 and in all of them this behavior occurs).

fo13vr
Star I
gsanchez

If you have only option to unlock using screen password, don't worry, it's normal. From time to time all smartphones ask for screen password to unlock (I had Windows Phone, iPhone, Samsung S10 and now Rog Phone 2 and in all of them this behavior occurs).

View post
Oh I see. Thanks for letting me know.