This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10

rohitteju
Star II
When can we expect Android 10 on Rog phone II ???
Anyone facing kind of heating during normal use like watching YouTube or while playing music ???

16 REPLIES 16

OPC
Zen Master II
No heating up doing whatever except gaming. And playing Asphalt 9 for several hours with settings in X-mode set to Ultimate, CPU max, temperature control set to high, it never goes beyond 49 degrees C. My Aeroactive cooler fan is also set to max which keeps the phone at 39-40 deg C. This eats a battery within 3 hours and the fan on max is noisy, but it's efficient. If I reduce temperature settings to default and fan speed to Auto, it can heat up to 43 deg C, but I can play for 6 hours.

rohitteju
Star II
What's screen on time ??? Can everyone share their screen on time ???

waxy78611
Zen Master I
I'm on Android 9 and the maximum temperature mine reaches is 30 degrees with WiFi and 33 degrees with mobile data (YouTube)

If I'm playing call of duty it reaches maximum 34 degrees , this is with maximum brightness

Also regarding the aero cooling fan, it really does eat up the battery. I purchased a generic fan for £5 from eBay which drained the battery too, however, I then purchased a power bank for £10 and I now plug the generic fan into the powerbank and attach it to the Rog II. It keeps the phone atleast 10 - 14 degrees cooler and as it's plugged into the powerbank it doesn't take up any extra battery from the Rog

waxy78611
Zen Master I
rohitteju

What's screen on time ??? Can everyone share their screen on time ???

View post
My SOT with no gaming is around 16 - 18 hours. This is with WiFi only and brightness between 10 - 40% (depending on time of day)

SOT while I'm at work using mobile data and again, 10-40% brightness is around 13 hours (mobile data is greedy with battery life)

SOT with gaming is still good for me. I don't bother with X mode as X mode doesn't seem to make a difference unless I'm using an emulator such as Damon PS2, Dolphin or Citra. With Call of duty at 70% brightness and WiFi, I get 10 hours of play time. I don't actually play 10 hours however the phone drops 10% every hour with Call of duty .

rohitteju
Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42978#Comment_42978

My SOT with no gaming is around 16 - 18 hours. This is with WiFi only and brightness between 10 - 40% (depending on time of day)

SOT while I'm at work using mobile data and again, 10-40% brightness is around 13 hours (mobile data is greedy with battery life)

SOT with gaming is still good for me. I don't bother with X mode as X mode doesn't seem to make a difference unless I'm using an emulator such as Damon PS2, Dolphin or Citra. With Call of duty at 70% brightness and WiFi, I get 10 hours of play time. I don't actually play 10 hours however the phone drops 10% every hour with Call of duty .

View post
That's seriously good .!!! I charged my phone to 100 and right now I'm getting about 7 hours of SOT.