This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sadly leaving ROG Phone 2 Family?

ACCESS_DENIED
Star II
I'm sorry to say, I'm leaving the ROG Phone 2 Family. I've had mine 28 days and it's going back for refund tomorrow. The fist day I bought it, it would not "next" through all the start up menus and to this day, you can't do a master reset using power and volume down. I was able to get through the menu by fast tapping, but have had problems with messages not receiving, bluetooth earsets don't work, due to poor call quality/no VoLTE? I was still keeping hope, until today, my Wife tried to call and text me with an emergency and I got nothing. Before your troubleshooting minds go into overdrive, I worked in cellular back when they sent you to 2 month, 8 hour day training,. I turn my phone off everyday to get a fresh signal, I called T-Mobile and all checked out fine from network to SIM, but when I called ASUS tech support for the 3rd time in 28 days, they unfortunately were not surprised and gave me an RMA to send it back. He told me he has heard that before.
Why couldn't ASUS put the same world class quality into this actually being used as a phone, as they did making everything else the best of the best? I'll never be the same, because Samsung and iPhone will never have all the tech this phone has. ?
A couple of you helped me recently with issues, so thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Human is an unsatisfied animal.

Midhun
Star I
Im also using asus rog phone 2 for about 2 months... Had met no problems as you said... It is running very smooth and powerful...

andes_tan
Star I
Best phone ever. No even consider myself as gamer yet this phone practically surprise me from time to time. Upgraded to Android 10 - the UI interaction is superb. Wife being iOS fan also have nothing to critisize when her idevice battery drained.