This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sadly leaving ROG Phone 2 Family?

ACCESS_DENIED
Star II
I'm sorry to say, I'm leaving the ROG Phone 2 Family. I've had mine 28 days and it's going back for refund tomorrow. The fist day I bought it, it would not "next" through all the start up menus and to this day, you can't do a master reset using power and volume down. I was able to get through the menu by fast tapping, but have had problems with messages not receiving, bluetooth earsets don't work, due to poor call quality/no VoLTE? I was still keeping hope, until today, my Wife tried to call and text me with an emergency and I got nothing. Before your troubleshooting minds go into overdrive, I worked in cellular back when they sent you to 2 month, 8 hour day training,. I turn my phone off everyday to get a fresh signal, I called T-Mobile and all checked out fine from network to SIM, but when I called ASUS tech support for the 3rd time in 28 days, they unfortunately were not surprised and gave me an RMA to send it back. He told me he has heard that before.
Why couldn't ASUS put the same world class quality into this actually being used as a phone, as they did making everything else the best of the best? I'll never be the same, because Samsung and iPhone will never have all the tech this phone has. ?
A couple of you helped me recently with issues, so thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

tajindergill_00
Star II
ACCESS DENIED

I'm sorry to say, I'm leaving the ROG Phone 2 Family. I've had mine 28 days and it's going back for refund tomorrow. The fist day I bought it, it would not "next" through all the start up menus and to this day, you can't do a master reset using power and volume down. I was able to get through the menu by fast tapping, but have had problems with messages not receiving, bluetooth earsets don't work, due to poor call quality/no VoLTE? I was still keeping hope, until today, my Wife tried to call and text me with an emergency and I got nothing. Before your troubleshooting minds go into overdrive, I worked in cellular back when they sent you to 2 month, 8 hour day training,. I turn my phone off everyday to get a fresh signal, I called T-Mobile and all checked out fine from network to SIM, but when I called ASUS tech support for the 3rd time in 28 days, they unfortunately were not surprised and gave me an RMA to send it back. He told me he has heard that before.

Why couldn't ASUS put the same world class quality into this actually being used as a phone, as they did making everything else the best of the best? I'll never be the same, because Samsung and iPhone will never have all the tech this phone has. ?

A couple of you helped me recently with issues, so thank you.

Sadly leaving ROG Phone 2 Family?
Well i am using rog phone 2 and never had problems as u mentioned you better change your simcard from nearby sim provider hope it will work and you can reset your device aswell

Poepmp
Star I
Everything you've said I'm dealing with. Maybe it's TMobile thing. But I'm not having much luck with the cellular and push notifications. I can't have it work only sometimes. I feel ya. Sad. I'll keep it as a gaming and entertainment device.

manishiskillred
Star III
U make no sense...phone works good... Don't blame phone if u don't know how to use it...and no one cares ur leaving or joining lul

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
manishiskillred

U make no sense...phone works good... Don't blame phone if u don't know how to use it...and no one cares ur leaving or joining lul

View post
Relax dont act like a bully his wish learn to appreciate someones personal views about the device.