This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on how notifications are received and unlocked (A9 -A10)

Dagnelino76
Star I
sorry, I would like to report this missing / bug but I don't know how to get it to the developers.
Activate turn on display when you receive a notification:
1 option - a notification arrives, the screen turns on but only the time appears! To see what notification it is you have to be recognized by the face. It remains in the lockscreen, without being taken to the home but it is very uncomfortable. From here then if you want you can access the home with a slide.
2 option - a notification arrives, the screen shows what type of notification has been received, hiding sensitive content. Perfect. I go to the lockscreen and from here if you are recognized by the face there is no way to stay in the lockscreen, you are necessarily brought to the home.
---------
Is there any way to make the screen turn on when a notification is received and to show what notification it is by hiding sensitive content and avoid being brought to the home on the lockscreen when it is recognized? But access the home by making a slide? basically a mix between the two previous methods.
I often have the phone on the desk and it would be convenient for me to see the contents of the notification without having to access the home once it is recognized: this is because the screen on the lockscreen turns off after a few seconds and not after the minute I set when using the device.
I hope I have explained well what happens, in a previous topic that I opened on the A10 bugs CH_ASUS closed the topic, saying that this functionality is already present, but in my opinion, it did not quite understand what I can't set (https: / /zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15981/beta-6-list-of-bugs#latest)
9 REPLIES 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ok, currently with the combinations at hand, you can either
have a notification on the lock screen and when it detects your face, it will show you the content of that notification. BUT, it won't unlock the phone with your face. For that you need to use PIN or FP. If this works for you, then all you need to do, is to enable "Show notifications" and disable "Unlock device"
You won't have a notification but If you press the power key, then it will show you a lock screen with your messages and their content. Phone won't be unlocked
But I totally understand now what you want and I will forward your request to our devs. Hopefully, they will change it to your liking in a future FOTA.

Dagnelino76
Star I
Unfortunately, this is a compromise.

With 1) it shows all notifications and does not hide sensitive content unfortunately.
with 2) it is uncomfortable.

It would be perfect if:
1) The notification arrives
2) AOD is activated which shows notification, however hiding sensitive content
3) I lift the phone / Double click on the screen / Power button -> I go to the lockscreen
4) In the lockscreen I see the notification, always with hidden sensitive content
5) Detect my face and show the contents of the notification ... DO NOT GO TO THE HOME but remain in the lockscreen.
6) Now I can slide to access the home (I was recognized in the face) or leave the phone on the desk and since I am in the lockscreen after a few seconds the display will turn off

Thank you so much! I hope it will be available with the next Beta update so I can test it.

good job!

Dagnelino76
Star I
New beta but functionality not present, I hope that in the next release (beta or official) this lack will be resolved, present in all other android devices, but removed by asus, I do not understand why, so it is stressful to use the phone.
In beta 7 there is still the bug of some texts in quick tiles that do not scroll, or rather they do random
Fingers crossed to see things fixed in the next version, but I'm losing hope of seeing it fixed 😞
U6QMXBX2S6KZ.jpg
@Anders_ASUS

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Dagnelino76

Unfortunately, this is a compromise.

With 1) it shows all notifications and does not hide sensitive content unfortunately.

with 2) it is uncomfortable.

It would be perfect if:

1) The notification arrives

2) AOD is activated which shows notification, however hiding sensitive content

3) I lift the phone / Double click on the screen / Power button -> I go to the lockscreen

4) In the lockscreen I see the notification, always with hidden sensitive content

5) Detect my face and show the contents of the notification ... DO NOT GO TO THE HOME but remain in the lockscreen.

6) Now I can slide to access the home (I was recognized in the face) or leave the phone on the desk and since I am in the lockscreen after a few seconds the display will turn off

Thank you so much! I hope it will be available with the next Beta update so I can test it.

good job!

View post
I've asked our devs to look into this exact scenario that you're describing. I can get everything to work as you want it except in the 2nd stage. Currently the screen wakes up (not AOD though) but the the main problem is that there's no notification.
The settings I used were "Lift to check phone" & "New notifications" in display settings. For lock screen Face recognition I enabled "Unlock device" & "Show Notifications" (Detect face to show all notifications on the....)

Dagnelino76
Star I
Beta 8 - Problems still here 😞
Another bug: When you receive a call it rings even after answering for another 10 seconds or so, it's a bad problem...
Text sliding on tiles is bugged...
Notification issues not solved...
Not good