This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM radio with sound distorted

ykaro_36g
Star II
After upgrading to Android 10 the FM radio, the sound is distorted.

17 REPLIES 17

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
First time I hear of this. I guess I would try and see what happens if I clear the storage of both the FM Radio apps/services and the two AudioWizard app/services
Go to system settings -> apps & notifications -> see all xxx apps -> press show system in the top right three dot menu -> search for fm RADIO and audiowizard. You will find two of each. Enter each one -> Storage & Cache -> Clear Storage

tymmyk
Star III
I can confirm the comment by ykaro.36. And what's more, the signal disappears (at times) totally for 5-6 secs and then reappears inexplicably. I've never encountered such issues im my previous Zenfone 2 & Zenfone 3 (running perfectly). Same issues with my previous Zenfone 5...
P.s. clear cache hasn't solved.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
tymmyk

I can confirm the comment by ykaro.36. And what's more, the signal disappears (at times) totally for 5-6 secs and then reappears inexplicably. I've never encountered such issues im my previous Zenfone 2 & Zenfone 3 (running perfectly). Same issues with my previous Zenfone 5...

P.s. clear cache hasn't solved.

View post
Then I would like to log your phone in order to find out why

ZT-0c04e478
Star I
I too can confirm that this is an issue with 6z from the day I've purchased the phone. FM radio works fine for the first few mins (5 to 8 mins) and then suddenly the sounds becomes distorted/muffled until you restart the radio altogether. Same problem repeats after every few mins.

The reason this issue might not have been reported before is because usage of FM radio is on the decline due to music streaming services being easily available and ad-free. We have a group of 500 users of 6z on telegram. 3 other users have confirmed that this problem exists.