cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 bugs - any solutions?

stefan_8116
Star I
Hi,
I have a Rog Phone 2 (12gb RAM /512gb ROM version) purchased from the UK store and I am experiencing couple of bugs to which I have not discovered a solution or a work around and was wondering maybe you could help.
1. After launching a game/app within the first 5 minutes, the app / phone GUI crashed and i have to re-launch the app. This is randomly happening.
2. After I close a game and press the indisplay "main" button and select "clear all" the apps (on double check there are no apps running); if i lock the phone from the button and unlock the phone using the fingerprint, the phone automatically launches the last game that I was in. This happens quite frequently and it drives me crazy.
3. I believe there are network WiFi issues while within a game as quite frequent when launching a game, it tries to connect to google play on start which fails quite frequently with a message like "fail to connect". Or if you have for example in game purchases or options to watch adds for different benefits those adds are not loaded by the phone and an app restart is required for those adds to load. (I know some people like this but i guess it comes to preferences)
4. If the phone is switched from 120hz to 60hz or 90hz you get random application lags and sometime the screen freezes although there is nothing else using the memory.
5. Screen lowest brightness setting is still very bright although having the "night light" option on, if you wake up in the middle of the night it.s like a torch.
6. The fingerprint scanner is very slow and fails a lot; the fingerprint scanner icon during the night times is very bright as well.
I am wondering if you guys are aware of those issues and already working on them or if there is any work around?
Thanks and looking forward to hear back from you.
9 REPLIES 9

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I can help with some, but others will have to chime in for the rest.
1) Does this happen in multiple games apps? Or just one? What firmware version are you on?
5) This is the behavior of the panel. Unfortunately that's just the way it is.
6) I would recommend relogging your fingers if the scanner fails frequently. Perhaps it didn't capture a good enough imprint at the beginning.
The light being bright is necessary for the phone to see your finger, there is no way to adjust that.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If no one has a workaround for the previous issues, we can log your phone to see what's going on. There may be some answers floating around.

stefan_8116
Star I
1) I've seen it happening on CoD, Elder Scrolls of Blades, Asphalt 9, Shadowgun Legends, Facebook.
FGSOFJ0BSEAG.jpg

Actually yesterday I had issue number 2 reoccurring. I was playing Shadowgun Legends, exit the game, cleared all the application, waited 3 seconds and the game started launching, once again, closed the game, cleared the apps, waited another 3 secs and game was loading in. It happened around 4 times before it stopped.
Sure you can go ahead with the logs if you provide instructions on what is required.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We have two options. 1 Either we wait for Android Q which will be released soon and hopefully it will fix your issues.
2 Or, we log your device and hope it will show us why this is happening to you
I can send you a PM with instructions on how to log your phone so you decide