This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 signal graph not always visible and reception disconnects with Android Auto

david_grundmann
Star II
I'm not getting any signal graph or reception information on latest update. Can't remember if it was a problem earlier since I updated day1 of getting the phone to Android 10
Data/phone/etc all does work fine and car also shows signal information so it's "functioning" correctly.
Screen shot of what I'm talking about: You'll see the 4G is there but no graph next to it.
NK113F8PIHWN.jpg
I did try to turn airplane mode on, wait for a few seconds, then turn airplane mode off. It shows the graph with the x (expected) then shows a 100% filled graph and a few seconds later disappears back to above image.

I also noticed that with Android Auto that the phone drops signal/reception completely at random as well and does not come back until airplane toggle is done. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?
8 REPLIES 8

_jis_
Zen Master III
@david.grundmann Any progress on this?

david_grundmann
Star II
Some. On the Android Auto it's rather difficult to trace down a predictable drop. Yesterday it dropped 15 minutes into a drive, today nothing at all and worked flawlessly along with many other times. So that's still an elusive one to figure out. What I do know is that as soon as I disconnect the cable cell/internet comes back to the phone immediately. It's almost as if the car radio suggests to the phone that it doesn't need internet.
I saw the FOTA update a few days ago so will go download that and do a manual install along with the flush/reboot option in the PM. Though it'd be nice to have something that I can reproduce the drop data to know if the full install worked 🙂
For the signal graph It's consistently showing blank where my office is. I'm going to see about an experiment by using the second sim slot with a same carrier to see if both graphs drops at this location (dependent on other persons' phone needs). I have a sim at the moment on different carrier but the reception seems to be much less here so it's not showing any blanks.

david_grundmann
Star II
Status update: several uses of Android Auto have only showed one instance of disconnects. I've been playing/streaming music a lot while on drives so I'm going to try more with "idle" connections to see if somehow it's going into a weird low-power state and disabling the radio.

newnews
Rising Star II
I already report this problem and found the cause. If the signal strength is over 53%, the bar graph becomes black. Please fix.