This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding two fingers on the screen causes a sensation of jitter.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Hello, folks.
I bought my Zenfone 5Z (4GB/64GB) recently, specifically to play some games that other devices that were within my budget wouldn't be able to handle. But I'm disappointed with a detail that, although it looks small, makes a huge difference to the smooth gaming experience.
Every time a game requires two fingers to control (usually first-person and third-person shooting games), the twin stick touch sensitivity doesn't allow me to be precise as I need for such games.
I slide my left thumb on the left side of the screen to control the movement and my right thumb on the right side of the screen to control the aim, as the game requires.
The problem appears when I try to aim while running. What you don't notice when you slide your fingers quickly, when I slide slowly (for greater accuracy; sniping) the screen doesn't respond as it should, generating a jittery stutter...a flickening? (Not my native language, sorry.)
To test more thoroughly, I downloaded the MultiTouch Tester app from Google Play.
During the tests I was able to see that the problem happens when - specifically - two fingers are used. Not with one, not with three or more.
I'm in the stable version of Android 10 that I downloaded from the official Asus website in my country. I was only able to update my device this way, since when it arrived (with Android 😎 I couldn't find FOTA updates available.
Anyway, I found this problem even when I was using the Android version that came from the factory on the device.
There are some videos of other users that present the same problem, as is the case of NoOne, which shows in the following video the problem of aiming on PUBG MOBILE shaking when you slide two fingers on the screen slowly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RoTJdCVvjg&t=
In the next one he shows it in the test application, how the swiping of one finger flows better than with two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8_6WXBdH5w
He gives other examples on his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNBLUwCXWDjmh4wMft3srrA/featured
There is no specific version of the system or applications, it always happens, everywhere.
It's not happening on the Galaxy S7 and S9+, LG G7 that we have here at home, those don't feel the same when sniping in PUBG.
All games are in the latest version and it feels like that since the first time I played.
Thanks in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

adeveloper79
Star II
ValeeraSanguinar

Hey, @amitgarde3, good to have you here.

But I'm starting to believe in Bruno's theory. It's maybe a hardware defect they are trying to hide.

My camera is here now and I'm about to start a tech channel, with deep gaming test on devices. The 5Z display will be my example of a bad display on every video.

It's dimmed down and lower DPI on Android 10, but the worst still the 2-touch defect.

Sorry, Bruno. I give up, and I'll be talkin'bout how ASUS is a bad brand on both device construction and support.

View post
2020 A TECH CHENNUL BY A CRYBABY on 845
lawl + a fresh new account just to advertise how shit TECH CHENNUL IS TO BEG for subs lmfao

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
ValeeraSanguinar

Hey, @amitgarde3, good to have you here.

But I'm starting to believe in Bruno's theory. It's maybe a hardware defect they are trying to hide.

My camera is here now and I'm about to start a tech channel, with deep gaming test on devices. The 5Z display will be my example of a bad display on every video.

It's dimmed down and lower DPI on Android 10, but the worst still the 2-touch defect.

Sorry, Bruno. I give up, and I'll be talkin'bout how ASUS is a bad brand on both device construction and support.

View post
DVY2ZDRSJUIZ.jpg

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
Oh,cool!
But for helping us they don't move their asses. \o/