This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black photo at night even using flash

ghiani_riccardo
Star III
I just notice that the moment when the camera take the photo and the flash is active are not in sinc (both main camera and wide-angle camera). Futhermore the flash seems very poor and more yellow than white (from my phone day 1 in November 2019). I'm on .110 if matter.
9 REPLIES 9

ghiani_riccardo
Star III
_jis_

You can easily test the LED duel in this way. Turn on the flashlight from the appropriate Quick Setting Tile, take one 3.5 "diskette with your finger by sliding the floppy disk cover open and look at the LED through the magnetic disk. You should see two glowing points above each other.

If not already done, clear the Storage and Cache Camera application to make it clear that everything is fine in terms of application settings. Then make some photos and check results again.

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/12502/what-is-the-purpose-of-a-dual-led-flash

View post
If the stock test was made in the correct way we doesn't need floppy disks or any other stuff but anyways I've tried from the Quick Setting Tile (you can teach me that camera app and this tile are non correlate at all) with some white papers and I see only one led on (I think the upper one). I also cleared cache and storage but nothing change both in photos and flash quick tile behavior. Thanks.

_jis_
Zen Master III
If the stock test was made in the correct way we doesn't need floppy disks or any other stuff
Yes, built-in SMMI TEST ignore that we have dual LED. Here, Asus has much to improve.
but anyways I've tried from the Quick Setting Tile (you can teach me that camera app and this tile are non correlate at all) with some white papers and I see only one led on (I think the upper one)
I turned on the flashlight from the appropriate Quick Setting Tile and use 3.5" diskette and I clearly saw two glowing points above each other. Using paper is not a good idea at all, you have to do it the same way to be sure. Through floppy disks, people even look at solar eclipses, no one is looking through white papers.

ghiani_riccardo
Star III
VS-KR

To be honest, this dual LED flash is not something really improving your pictures, don't expect to have something extraordinary whatever you have the white or the yellowish flash.

View post
Maybe in the dark I can take a picture different from a black screen if the second led decide to turn on ?I tried even in safe mode with no results. Because I don't have a floppy disk at the moment, I used my sunglasses and like with paper seems only the upper led turns on (the yellowish one I think, which is the less brighter). Seems like my phone have this problem from the first day because I've always seen only the low yellow light.

ghiani_riccardo
Star III
VS-KR

Are you using the default camera app ?

Because yes, on Snapchat, the flash is late and the picture is dark ...

View post
Yes, default camera, no Snapchat, nothing.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ghiani.riccardo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42104#Comment_42104

Maybe in the dark I can take a picture different from a black screen if the second led decide to turn on ?I tried even in safe mode with no results. Because I don't have a floppy disk at the moment, I used my sunglasses and like with paper seems only the upper led turns on (the yellowish one I think, which is the less brighter). Seems like my phone have this problem from the first day because I've always seen only the low yellow light.

View post
If you can only see one LED on when turning the flashlight on, then something is wrong. Please contact your ASUS Support.