cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always On Display (AOD) for Zenfone 6?

CbIP
Star III
Hi all!
I don't know if this has been discussed already, but could it be possible to include the AOD (always on display) function in the further updates?
I know that the Zenfone 6 is equipped with an IPS screen (that was one of the reasons why I chose it) and IPS screens consume more power for the AOD. But then again, they do not burn-in as OLED screens do and the Zenfone 6 has a huge battery.
I am totally OK to spend extra 5% of the battery life in exchange for the AOD which looks nice and provides information.

11 REPLIES 11

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
CH_ASUS

Hi

As already mentioned ZenFone 6 uses an LCD IPS display with a backlight.

And even if some users may find an AOD implementation with "acceptable battery drain" - there are equally, if not more, users who would not.

We'll record the feedback however AOD in ZenFone 6 is not a feature we are currently thinking about adding.

View post
2Y6LJ7Q60NU3.jpg

CbIP
Star III
Thank you for the answer!

For me it sounds kinda strange. If a function exists it can be turned off for those who do not want an excessive battery drain. If a user turns it on, usually the OS shows a disclaimer about battery life.
Also there exist examples of AOD function for IPS screens: LG G series (G4, G5, G6) has it.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
LG G6 uses high grade IPS which the black can be really really dim (i tested it in dark room), while Zenfone 6 uses IPS lower than LG G6 has, because the black really shining (not deep).
Don't forget that LG G6 is real flagship, and Zenfone 6 is budget flagship, consider the price given, Zenfone 6 half of the price (launch price), it's totally ok if we don't get AOD. So i hope no other request asking about AOD.

Thanks.

cornelis
Star III
The LG G6 launch price was 650$, hardly double of Z6's 500$ launch price. Also, what's wrong with asking for features? If it's a bad feature suggestion or something too hard to implement then fine, but everyone should be able to express their opinion.