cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched Screens on meanwhile 3 ROG Phone 2 devices

Psy-Virus
Star I
Hey there,
after some back and forth shipping of devices because I thought my first problem could be fixed by sending my phone back to my service provider: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40748
I now received two phones and both have scratched screens out of the sealed box. The first one did also but I didn't note this to the service provider.
I also noticed that the phones are not send with any screen protection so they can move in the box and all hard enough particles can scratch the screens. Or maybe this happened in the manufacturing process?
The scratches are really thin but good to see with bare eyes. This should simply not happen on a device that's so expensive!
Also ASUS was ALWAYS a synonym for quality for me. I buy and recommend ASUS products since the pentium 3 era. This is a long time. And of course I will do it further in the future.
So, is this something, other people encountered? Or did you even check for that?
8D1XTSHGKQLZ.jpg
KCZ3WC0X0OXN.jpg
WUAPQ8U7K05K.jpg

And this is just one device. Again, I don't think that ASUS doesn't care. But mistakes are there to be fixed. So please use a screen protective layer of some kind before you ship something to your customers!
Is it also maybe possible for the mods and admins here to reach out to some person in charge and make this problem aware to them?
Have a nice day
13 REPLIES 13

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
There's really nothing we can say here. This is something which needs to be taken with the place of purchase and then it's up to them to talk to ASUS.

Psy-Virus
Star I

jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41009#Comment_41009

Totally agree but if the screen is great other than the scratch then I would just grab a Quixx Glass scratch remover and polish it out if the scratch isn't too deep to fix. Great screen meaning there is no grey uniformity issue.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41040#Comment_41040

The question you should be asking is what is in the pocket of the user. You are still able to get some scratches on a gorilla glass 6 depending on what's rubbing on it. Gorilla glass isn't scratch proof but scratch resistant.

View post
Like I said, 3 brand new devices and all had scratches on the screen out of the box. That would mean that I pay 1000 bucks to finish the work of ASUS and do their quality control.
If those scratches had happened while I was carrying the device or somehow through my handling, I would of course look for a solution to fix my mistakes. But not if they are in there since they assembled them or when it happened while shipping.
So your argument and advertising seems to be completely displaced in here since the topic is about freshly shipped phones with scratches on the screen which clearly is either a design or production workflow flaw and nothing the customer has to care about.
Anders_ASUS

There's really nothing we can say here. This is something which needs to be taken with the place of purchase and then it's up to them to talk to ASUS.

View post
That's a pity that in fact those who talk directly to the customers, do not have a way to bring informations to those who can change something. Especially in a case that's not minor. Three of three devices are a clear pattern of something going wrong. That's about 3000 bucks worth of garbage as my devices probably go back to my selling point and from there maybe to you and then probably get burned/recycled. This probably also costs some money. And all this could have been prevented by just put a 0.1 cent expensive protective layer on the screen somewhere at the beginning in the production chain. 😞
OPC

I would say it's a matter of quality control. Mine came in mint condition and I was positively surprised by the premium feel and look on the phone as on YouTube videos it didn't look that good. But there is definitely a place for improvement in quality control. Those scratched phones should never left the company. Also Akash Gupta said his phone got scratched in the pocket. I have it since October, have no screen protector, just use the case which came in the box and doesn't really cover much. I take it in the pocket as well on a daily basis, play a lot is Asphalt and the phone looks like it just came from the factory. I wonder if the are all made in the same quality?

View post
I am seriously happy for you as I think that getting a flawless device seems to be like winning in the lottery. 😄
The overall look and design is clearly awesome. Even if the "air vent" opening is an easy way for liquid to get into the phone. so no calls in the rain, I guess 😄
Those scratched phones should never left the company
I 200% agree.
I wonder if the are all made in the same quality?
That would be a trailing question I guess. More customer reports were great.

Thank you all so far for your comments and posts. I hope more people show up here and maybe share photos of their freshly unboxed phones.

OPC
Zen Master II
Psy-Virus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41048#Comment_41048

Like I said, 3 brand new devices and all had scratches on the screen out of the box. That would mean that I pay 1000 bucks to finish the work of ASUS and do their quality control.

If those scratches had happened while I was carrying the device or somehow through my handling, I would of course look for a solution to fix my mistakes. But not if they are in there since they assembled them or when it happened while shipping.

So your argument and advertising seems to be completely displaced in here since the topic is about freshly shipped phones with scratches on the screen which clearly is either a design or production workflow flaw and nothing the customer has to care about.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41145#Comment_41145

That's a pity that in fact those who talk directly to the customers, do not have a way to bring informations to those who can change something. Especially in a case that's not minor. Three of three devices are a clear pattern of something going wrong. That's about 3000 bucks worth of garbage as my devices probably go back to my selling point and from there maybe to you and then probably get burned/recycled. This probably also costs some money. And all this could have been prevented by just put a 0.1 cent expensive protective layer on the screen somewhere at the beginning in the production chain. 😞

I am seriously happy for you as I think that getting a flawless device seems to be like winning in the lottery. 😄

The overall look and design is clearly awesome. Even if the "air vent" opening is an easy way for liquid to get into the phone. so no calls in the rain, I guess 😄

I 200% agree.

Thank you all so far for your comments and posts. I hope more people show up here and maybe share photos of their freshly unboxed phones.

View post
I wish you will finally receive a phone with mint screen!

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Psy-Virus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41048#Comment_41048

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41145#Comment_41145

I 200% agree.

View post
My point is, look on the bright side of things. If you can fix it. Just fix it. To me going back and forth with returning and getting the device again is quite frustrating.
Of course the quality control is a problem but sometimes we customers can't do much about it and that is the sad truth. No one should even be fixing their own devices.
From experience, I always go for the first batch of phones that come in, some how I don't know why the first batch always seem to be the batch with the least issues. Again quality control does not seem to be consistent.