This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Screen Burn In - Clarification Required.

aabs22
Star III
AT7XVYR7C6CD.jpg
Hi All,
So I have been using the ROG Phone 2 for a while now and started noticing the Screen Burn-In which is disappointing.
I know this issue is common among AMOLED displays but this is the first phone that I actually noticed this issue, Have been using Oneplus and Samsung Note series of phones before with AMOLED displays. I was hoping for a phone that is desgined specifically for long hours Gaming sessions should have been worked on somehow to mitigate or minimize this. 😞
Anyway, was just hoping if this will be covered under warranty or am I going to be stuck with this FOREVER.

Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

aabs22
Star III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40848#Comment_40848

can i ask which charger do you use while gaming? Official asus charger or other charger. I play heavy games like PUBG Mobile and my phone reaches 47° C while charging WITH OFFICIAL 18W CHARGER. I tried out oneplus charger and my phone temperature was reaching upto 53° C which might be harmful for the device. i suggest you to not use other charger while gaming to prevent damage.

View post

Hi, I use Asus 30 W Charger and I have Aero Active Cooler 2 set to high and I dont dk gaming sessions while charging just to be on safer side. Without proper ventilation or with normal room temperature like 32 degrees C, the phone does get hot on HDR, Extreme but on lower settings its quite alright.

My advice, although ASUS advertises that you can GAME ON while charging in Good practice its not recommended for Smartphones to be used thay too heavily when charging.

piyushj118
Star I
I am having the same issues... Can you please tell me is it solved?