cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched Screens on meanwhile 3 ROG Phone 2 devices

Psy-Virus
Star I
Hey there,
after some back and forth shipping of devices because I thought my first problem could be fixed by sending my phone back to my service provider: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40748
I now received two phones and both have scratched screens out of the sealed box. The first one did also but I didn't note this to the service provider.
I also noticed that the phones are not send with any screen protection so they can move in the box and all hard enough particles can scratch the screens. Or maybe this happened in the manufacturing process?
The scratches are really thin but good to see with bare eyes. This should simply not happen on a device that's so expensive!
Also ASUS was ALWAYS a synonym for quality for me. I buy and recommend ASUS products since the pentium 3 era. This is a long time. And of course I will do it further in the future.
So, is this something, other people encountered? Or did you even check for that?
8D1XTSHGKQLZ.jpg
KCZ3WC0X0OXN.jpg
WUAPQ8U7K05K.jpg

And this is just one device. Again, I don't think that ASUS doesn't care. But mistakes are there to be fixed. So please use a screen protective layer of some kind before you ship something to your customers!
Is it also maybe possible for the mods and admins here to reach out to some person in charge and make this problem aware to them?
Have a nice day
13 REPLIES 13

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
Psy-Virus

Hey there,

after some back and forth shipping of devices because I thought my first problem could be fixed by sending my phone back to my service provider: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40748

I now received two phones and both have scratched screens out of the sealed box. The first one did also but I didn't note this to the service provider.

I also noticed that the phones are not send with any screen protection so they can move in the box and all hard enough particles can scratch the screens. Or maybe this happened in the manufacturing process?

The scratches are really thin but good to see with bare eyes. This should simply not happen on a device that's so expensive!

Also ASUS was ALWAYS a synonym for quality for me. I buy and recommend ASUS products since the pentium 3 era. This is a long time. And of course I will do it further in the future.

So, is this something, other people encountered? Or did you even check for that?

8D1XTSHGKQLZ.jpg

KCZ3WC0X0OXN.jpg

WUAPQ8U7K05K.jpg

And this is just one device. Again, I don't think that ASUS doesn't care. But mistakes are there to be fixed. So please use a screen protective layer of some kind before you ship something to your customers!

Is it also maybe possible for the mods and admins here to reach out to some person in charge and make this problem aware to them?

Have a nice day

Scratched Screens on meanwhile 3 ROG Phone 2 devices
The phone will already be covered in plastic cover .
How did that scratches enter the screen and also Rog 2 has GORILLA GLASS 6 protection on front .
It's very difficult for it to get scratched. Even i am playing games and using this mobile without using screen protector still there is not even a single scratch i could see when i clean my phone

Not applicable
sagarreddysag

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15798/scratched-screens-on-meanwhile-3-rog-phone-2-devices

The phone will already be covered in plastic cover .

How did that scratches enter the screen and also Rog 2 has GORILLA GLASS 6 protection on front .

It's very difficult for it to get scratched. Even i am playing games and using this mobile without using screen protector still there is not even a single scratch i could see when i clean my phone

View post
Please do some research before answering to a fellow user. i own the device and i observed that the device is getting scratched easily no matter it is gorilla glass 6, it still gets scratches. i only put it in my pocket few times and other day i observed that there were scratches just like he have on his phone. Only difference is that his phone came with scratches which was not in my case. i had a wrap over my phone when i recieved it.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I don't think the device got scratched after it got placed in its protective cover but before. Might have happened during the packing but they probably did not notice and continue to pack it.
If the scratch is not too deep you can fix it with a Quixx Glass scratch remover.

Psy-Virus
Star I
jetjosh92

I don't think the device got scratched after it got placed in its protective cover but before. Might have happened during the packing but they probably did not notice and continue to pack it.

If the scratch is not too deep you can fix it with a Quixx Glass scratch remover.

View post
Yeah, My thought also was that this happened during the manufacturing. As you can see on the second photo, there are even scratches in parallel. Looks like there were some metal or dust/sand particles on the manufacturing station/table.
Would you also buy a new car for the full price if you see scratches, just to fix them later? 😉
In my opinion, things like that shall not happen, especially on premium devices. The interesting thing is that I didn't discover any scratches on the back. They were all just on the screen. And I repeat, on 3 devices. But never the same scratch pattern.
That's just something, ASUS has to pay attention to. Like I said before, the ASUS brand is kind of a synonym for quality for many people. I have ASUS hardware that's more than 10 years old. It still works like the first day and only one time had to return a Motherboard because of a bad sound chip.