This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to block internet for apps

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Hi all, I have disabled internet for an app but internet is still accessible and the app is showing ads. Attached video for clarity.
Disabled internet didn't help
Clearing app cache didn't help
Restarting phone didn't help
I don't want to use any third party apps to block internet for apps. Could someone help?
@LP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
And you know for sure that this app is still getting access? That it didn't download 10 different apps when you opened it the first time?
Please show me another data usage screen shot of Sand Balls so I can see that it's still transferring data even though it's disabled

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

And you know for sure that this app is still getting access? That it didn't download 10 different apps when you opened it the first time?

Please show me another data usage screen shot of Sand Balls so I can see that it's still transferring data even though it's disabled

View post
Hi, Here the latest data usage screen shot.
67JQJVURVDNB.jpg

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ok, I see now when I test the app myself that it has managed to find a workaround to bypass our data restriction. This game developer should be called SpyGames instead fo SayGames 🙂
I will let our devs know about this and find the loophole they use to block it for good.
Thanks for letting us know!

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

ok, I see now when I test the app myself that it has managed to find a workaround to bypass our data restriction. This game developer should be called SpyGames instead fo SayGames 🙂

I will let our devs know about this and find the loophole they use to block it for good.

Thanks for letting us know!

View post
Oh ok. I will wait for dev feedback.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sathishinsat2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41319#Comment_41319

Oh ok. I will wait for dev feedback.

View post
Devs got back to me and found that the root cause lays in Armoury Crate/Game Genie.
The data could continue flowing via Armoury Crate even though you had restricted it in Mobile Manager. A temporary solution to your problem is for you to enter Armoury Crate -> Console -> Manage my games -> and remove Sand balls from the list.