This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6z Bluetooth issue after android 10 update

Parth
Star II
So I've been using Bluetooth 5 aptx earphones since the phone was on Android 9 and after the update the earphones don't connect properly. After seeing the developer settings I realized the phone isn't connecting on aptx but instead standard profiles and other codecs get disabled.also the phone connects to both true wireless earpieces separately on mono mode instead of stereo and no matter what it won't change back to stereo.
Can anyone confirm/solve this issue?
24 REPLIES 24

Alan_Reid
Star I
I have the sabbat e12 ultras. Won't connect in stereo, only mono in developer settings. I have a mi 9T Pro on android 10. Tried them on a p20 Pro on android 9. Headphones connect to stereo and Aptx no problem. They show up as 2 seperate devices in the Bluetooth connection page. Any ideas anyone? Incidentally they work as stereo on old nexus 6p showing up as stereo on aac codec

Workaround i found is that if i connect both headphones individually i.e in order Right first and left second. It works perfectly fine but it won't auto reconnect i.e you have to reconnect everytime which is pain in the .....asus needs to fix this!!

Facing the same issue since the android 10 update. Unable to change the codec or audio channel mode in developer options. And when connected to my JBL speakers via bluetooth the settings app is crashing when I am trying to enter developer options. It's been around 3-4 months since this bluetooth issue pertained. The stability also decreased compared to android 9. My true wireless earbuds only work on default audio channel which is causing my earbuds controls to malfunction. Can someone please update on this issue.(Unable to use developer options).

Michał_Madeja
Star II
Hello. I also have problem with Bluetooth audio. I got Speakers with BT - Edifier R1280DB and second smartphone - Mi A2 Lite.
With Zenfone 6, after pairing and connecting with speakers i cant choose Aptx HD - i have only Default, SBC, AAC, Additional codecs (what is this?) and disable additional codecs. In meanwhile Mi A2 Lite after pairing and connecting to the same speakers have multiple codecs to choose, including AptX HD. Same with Mi A3. I think there is something definetly wrong with BT Audio here - that may be issue with integrated equalizer app.

Also what is "Additional audio codecs" option?

Whats more interesting, if i forget the speakers from Zenfone, keep BT ON, i can see same, long list of codecs available, after pairing with some device that list is way shorter.

Michał_Madeja
Star II
After latest update i still dont have APTX HD option available under developer settings, once i got connected to speakers (that are supporting Aptx HD).