This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40680#Comment_40680

One of the mods (you?) mentioned in another thread that it might have something to do with 3G connection signal as we unfortunately don't have voLTE support in the US (or maybe I'm way off base). Yes, that was me. That's my working theory on what's going on, but this is why logs are so valuable.

If you have a cell signal directly from your home, then that is the best possible situation. But you're still seeing sporadic missed texts at home? Then you could be on to something, with the Wi-Fi being a factor somehow.

Can you try testing at home with Wi-Fi on, at home with Wi-Fi off, and out and about? Probably spamming the phone with calls and texts from your wife's phone would be fine. I'll PM you the log tool and instructions in a little bit.

View post
Sure I can do that testing at home. Would wait until logging.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hi @LP_ASUS,
I would also be open to helping in the problem solving efforts as well. Another thing I should bring up too is that I experience painfully slow times to send a SMS message (using the built in SMS app). These are not even MMS messages (which often take even longer). I read online to switch to Textra and it has been working much better, albeit MMS still takes sometimes over two minutes to send (even with just a short gif from the Google keyboard).
Slightly off topic, but @skylerwolfe, I also might want to invest in a cell spot if I can get one for my sub-brand (Ultra). I often visit family in an area with no coverage whatsoever. I don't know if its T-Mobile customers only that can acquire and fully utilize one, but I will look into it.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
justinleon2113

Hi @LP_ASUS,

I would also be open to helping in the problem solving efforts as well. Another thing I should bring up too is that I experience painfully slow times to send a SMS message (using the built in SMS app). These are not even MMS messages (which often take even longer). I read online to switch to Textra and it has been working much better, albeit MMS still takes sometimes over two minutes to send (even with just a short gif from the Google keyboard).

Slightly off topic, but @skylerwolfe, I also might want to invest in a cell spot if I can get one for my sub-brand (Ultra). I often visit family in an area with no coverage whatsoever. I don't know if its T-Mobile customers only that can acquire and fully utilize one, but I will look into it.

View post
Noted. I'll send you a PM as well.

niceded
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40690#Comment_40690

So for example the built in SMS app is losing messages, but Whatsapp or LINE or Facebook is picking up notifications/messages no problem? What network are you on? Would you be willing to have us log the phone?

View post
How I mentioned before, I'm T-mobile US user.
Yes, I'm losing text messages by Built in app. Other messengers, which are using WiFi don't loose text messages.
I will to provide phone log, how can I do it?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'll send you a PM with instructions.