This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

niceded
Star II
I have issue from first days when I got my silver 8/256.
And it keeps going every day. Today more than 3 different people can't reach me. They are reach me out in the end by different Messengers.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40675#Comment_40675

Thanks so much for responding and confirming someone is aware and at least listening. Got mine 2 months ago to the day so not that long. I can't exactly tell you how long it has been present because it, thankfully, doesn't happen with all incoming calls. Plus, unless someone leaves a VM, I wouldn't know that I missed it. Same with texts, I wouldn't know I missed the text or it was delayed unless I know that it was sent and when it was sent. The XDA thread that I referenced before was initially posted in October. Their conclusion, correct or not, was that it seemed to be associated with WiFi in some way. Above I anecdotally reported a similar delayed text that showed up when I left WiFi. May mean nothing. This whole this is sporadic. One of the mods (you?) mentioned in another thread that it might have something to do with 3G connection signal as we unfortunately don't have voLTE support in the US (or maybe I'm way off base). If it means anything, in my house I have a T-mobile cell spot. This is NOT a signal booster. This is a device that connects to my router and acts as an actual mini cell tower via broadband internet. We always have full signal in the house for that reason. The text that was delayed yesterday wouldn't have been from weak signal (although I'm assuming the box provides 3G and 4G and maybe it doesn't). I've had it for several years and it has been rock solid with our other phones. Maybe irrelevant, but when I bought the 6z, I bought a 5z for my wife and she has had some missed (delayed) texts on it too.

If you think logging it would help that would be fine. I don't receive that many calls (other than spam) but I could test it I suppose by trying to call it often from other numbers.

View post
One of the mods (you?) mentioned in another thread that it might have something to do with 3G connection signal as we unfortunately don't have voLTE support in the US (or maybe I'm way off base). Yes, that was me. That's my working theory on what's going on, but this is why logs are so valuable.
If you have a cell signal directly from your home, then that is the best possible situation. But you're still seeing sporadic missed texts at home? Then you could be on to something, with the Wi-Fi being a factor somehow.
Can you try testing at home with Wi-Fi on, at home with Wi-Fi off, and out and about? Probably spamming the phone with calls and texts from your wife's phone would be fine. I'll PM you the log tool and instructions in a little bit.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
mosimchah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40675#Comment_40675

I have the same issue on T-Mobile, I'm fine with logging it, I got my Zenfone 6 in mid August

View post
I'll PM you the log tool and instructions.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
mcrr08

I got mine at US launch and it feels like it's always been an issue. I think at least for my area it's missing 3g/2g I've posted about that before. Volte or vowifi would alleviate some pain points. Are carriers keeping you from engaging these settings? Anything we can do as users to push this up for you? I'd rather not spend more money on another phone, but this is getting to be impactful to my job and it's getting to be a noticed issue.

View post
Doing what you are doing is the best thing. Let us know when you're having connection issues, where it is happening, and how frequently.
I understand how this could affect a job and job performance, and we don't want to put you in that position because you chose our phone. I'll send you a PM with instructions.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
niceded

I have issue from first days when I got my silver 8/256.

And it keeps going every day. Today more than 3 different people can't reach me. They are reach me out in the end by different Messengers.

View post
So for example the built in SMS app is losing messages, but Whatsapp or LINE or Facebook is picking up notifications/messages no problem? What network are you on? Would you be willing to have us log the phone?