This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
107 REPLIES 107

lucian_ungurean
Star III
_jis_

@lucian.ungurean

Can you please define the LAG that appears regularly after 10 days of use in terms of your perception, which makes it annoying, how does it manifest itself? Video would be ideal.

I have been using my phone for almost 7 months and I find it still behaves the same way it was when it was new, I have absolutely no problem.

So, except for a strangely slower reboot that came with the A10.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14042/reboot-is-slower-in-android-10

View post
So i can define lag by the following:
slow phone reaction after scanning the fingerprint - it takes some seconds for the phone to turn on ( normally is just milis)
slow phone reaction when switching the apps - phone freezes before the next app shows up -it takes some seconds for the app to switch
slow phone reaction when opening an app - phone freezes before the app pops up. and takes second for the app to open
I don't know if this is a memory related or not. Is there something like valgrind to put on the android just to investigate?

_jis_
Zen Master III
lucian.ungurean

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39614#Comment_39614

So i can define lag by the following:

• slow phone reaction after scanning the fingerprint - it takes some seconds for the phone to turn on ( normally is just milis)
  • slow phone reaction when switching the apps - phone freezes before the next app shows up -it takes some seconds for the app to switch
  • slow phone reaction when opening an app - phone freezes before the app pops up. and takes second for the app to open

I don't know if this is a memory related or not. Is there something like valgrind to put on the android just to investigate?

View post
Never (I use instant lock when the screen goes off), never (What launcher do you use? Nova Launcher is optimal.), never.

I mentioned my phone configuration in this post:
_jis_

But if we install different applications from play store due to issues in the inbuilt options, think about the RAM management and the battery consumption. I'm worried in that only.

I understand you, but I have to assure you that it's not at all related, it's just about choosing the right applications. You can have system apps that will use more memory and battery than apps installed from the Play Store. Often, the system ones may never get any major updates or advanced configuration options. They will never have as many users as the best-quality applications with a huge user base, where you can also expect more support from developers whose budget by number of users is nowhere else.

Years of experience have taught me to carefully select, stick to, understand, and use the best applications. On each of my phones, albeit from different manufacturers, I am in the familiar environment of my favorite applications.

The apps I value the most, without which I can't be:

Tasker that can replace hundreds of standalone dedicated applications and tools

Nova Prime launcher & Sesame shortcuts & FNG & Tiles

Nearly all Google apps: Play, Pay, Gmail, Phone, Contacts, Clock, Camera, Photos, Keep, Now, Calendar, Maps, ...

AdGuard, AccuBattery, Nine, MiX, X-plorer

I have a total of 178 user applications and have zero issues with memory or battery on the other hand I also disabled some system apps:

4KEK1QYOEJZ1.png

View post

My first and last factory reset was on the first day with phone 7 months ago.
What I did after major Android 10 update I mentioned here:
_jis_

What I did after major Android 10 update:

(I did a full update using 1.87 GiB zip archive)

Clear cache to all apps.

Restart in Safe mode.

Restart again.

And I have no problems discussed here, even though I didn't do a factory reset after update to A10.

View post
I prefer manual full updates. OTA update is off.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
There are long-term performance problems. LMK is killing apps much more aggressively after a week or so and there's some stuttering too. Didn't happen on Android 9 with the same apps.

Kamil
Rising Star I
ColorSage

There are long-term performance problems. LMK is killing apps much more aggressively after a week or so and there's some stuttering too. Didn't happen on Android 9 with the same apps.

View post
It's killing apps more aggressive after just a day of use despite it just kill 90% of your open apps overnight  but on the last android 9 version, it was the same just test it a few days ago.?

I just test notification speed i mean how fast it can get a notification to compare to 3 years old Xiaomi redmi note 4 on miui 10 😄 zenfone 6 sometimes delivers notification a whole minute behind... on old xioami it is instant that is sad xD... ?

lucian_ungurean
Star III
I have ~4 days since i have switched to nova launcher and ~7 days since last phone reset. No lag so far.