This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double tap to wake buggy on ZS630KL on 1911.110.

jj3877
Star II
I am having problems waking up the phone by double tapping on the screen when it is off.
On Android P, sometimes it requires several tries but it will still turn on. After the update to Q, it was working flawlessly. However after the latest update, at least once a day, it will fail completely. It will not turn on no matter how many times I try. Can only wake the phone with the power button or fingerprint scanner.
13 REPLIES 13

shodhan219
Star I
Although I am on the latest update even I have been facing the same issue it was there prior to this update as well for double tap to wake up I have to literally tap around 5-10 times and sometimes it doesn't work and i have to unlock using fingerprint the tap to sleep happens quickly though every time.
I have also reset my device after updating to A10 still the problem exists.
Please check this issue as it seems multiple people are having it.
@LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
shodhan219

Although I am on the latest update even I have been facing the same issue it was there prior to this update as well for double tap to wake up I have to literally tap around 5-10 times and sometimes it doesn't work and i have to unlock using fingerprint the tap to sleep happens quickly though every time.

I have also reset my device after updating to A10 still the problem exists.

Please check this issue as it seems multiple people are having it.

@LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS

View post
When the time comes each day that double-tap-to-wake "doesnt work" for you, can you check (after using FP or power key) in the Settings->Advanced->Gestures If Double-Tap-to-Wake has been disabled?
When this occurs, where have you "double-tapped" . It DOES NOT work if you double-tap towards the edges of the screen (top, left, right, etc) - approx "one fingers thickness" from the edge. This is intentional.
Double-Tap to wake does not work immediately after screen-off with Power Key, (like 1-2sec).

Could you help check if any of the above scenarios are relevant?

Edit; We already have a case open for this which some others also experience.
Thanks for your feedback!

rcsl_contato
Star II
I have exactly the same issue. I'm on 2001.121. On Android P (1908.191), it was working fine.
I tried factory reset, but no success.
1 - When the time comes each day that double-tap-to-wake "doesnt work" for you, can you check (after using FP or power key) in the Settings->Advanced->Gestures If Double-Tap-to-Wake has been disabled?
R: It still enabled.
2 - When this occurs, where have you "double-tapped" . It DOES NOT work if you double-tap towards the edges of the screen (top, left, right, etc) - approx "one fingers thickness" from the edge. This is intentional.
R: I double-tapped on the center of the screen.
3 - Double-Tap to wake does not work immediately after screen-off with Power Key, (like 1-2sec).
R: It works immediately after screen-off with Power Key.

rcsl_contato
Star II
rcsl.contato

I have exactly the same issue. I'm on 2001.121. On Android P (1908.191), it was working fine.

I tried factory reset, but no success.

1 - When the time comes each day that double-tap-to-wake "doesnt work" for you, can you check (after using FP or power key) in the Settings->Advanced->Gestures If Double-Tap-to-Wake has been disabled?

R: It still enabled.

2 - When this occurs, where have you "double-tapped" . It DOES NOT work if you double-tap towards the edges of the screen (top, left, right, etc) - approx "one fingers thickness" from the edge. This is intentional.

R: I double-tapped on the center of the screen.

3 - Double-Tap to wake does not work immediately after screen-off with Power Key, (like 1-2sec).

R: It works immediately after screen-off with Power Key.

View post
I have solved my problem after disable Battery Care (PowerMaster app).
Edit: I disabled and re-enabled Smart Lock too.

jj3877
Star II
rcsl.contato

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42236#Comment_42236

I has solved my problem after disable Battery Care (PowerMaster app).

View post
Interesting...let me disable that and see how it goes.