This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery performance update

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @asus Could you tell me when I. getting the update for battery drain problem .The rate battery is draining it's not feel like a 6000 mah though.
77 REPLIES 77

Aryan202
Community Legend I
dcahyadi2301

There is definitely a bug with either the OS or Google play services. Battery drain issue on rog phone 2 is real. Asus should look at it seriously. Take a look at the screen capture of battery usage.

4ZHN7UCNPWQA.jpg

MDHHTF1F6BDE.jpg

Y5LOTNFK34HM.jpg

4N7V0LUASELR.jpg

Google play services is killing 40% of the battery for just 3 - 15 mins usage.

View post
Lmao don't entirely trust those stats (play services indeed takes up some battery but not 45% that seems like a bug with sot or something)
Plus it can can optimised in future updates
(Watch out for android 10)
Btw if someone's flashing something LOS is a good choice (standby drain is good)
LOS 17 should be here soon
So back to the point again Sot is affected by a variety of factors (bad optimisation is one of those factors)
But in 120hz a 6k mah battery should last about 8-10hrs (moderate usage)
Brightness and network stability is a major factor too

ZT-7cb3a5e3
Star III
I have no problems with battery time.

Second_Grader
Star I
To those whom have no problem whatsoever with your battery: what's your daily usage like?
i have a problem with my battery drain, and sometimes it came from when im just browsing on chrome or watching youtube. it drains like im playing a moderate game. instead when im playing heavy games like pubg the battery drain is more considerable.
if by "daily use" you mean 6hrs of the phone just sitting ducks and maybe 1 or 2 hrs of browsing/streaming per day, then maybe i dont have problems after all.

OPC
Zen Master II
I am one of those praising the battery life. I have no apps draining battery. When using phone only for work (calls, messaging, emails, maps, office, camera, browsing for info, car's hands free over BT, and no YouTube, music, gaming or any intensive activity) I can finish my day with 60% battery left. If I include playing Asphalt for several hours, watching YouTube, Google music and so on, I can arrive to 10 or 11 pm with battery around 10%. My charging is scheduled from 23:00 to 08:00 the next morning.

buttcheekboy
Star I
Hello I also have a battery issue as well, Google play services also draining my battery second most, screen on time is 1st. Also in accubatfery app it shows as 5543 mah capacity. This phone is brand new less than one month old. When I bought more 10 plus after one month it was still 99 percent. I had red magic 3. 855 snapdragon. 8gb ram.128gb of storage. 5000mah battery. And it was better than this one. Maybe 30 minutes better. Not happy with battery will likely sell phone and get OnePlus 7 pro. Not good battery either but I enjoy interphase more.
TE07F7MYL9W3.jpg