This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Clarified] ROG II Ultimate Band 71 and VoLTE T-Mobile?

penguinsquad
Star II
Will the ROG II Ultimate include Band 71? Its almost a requirement for T-Mobiles future network roll outs this coming year.
Also will there be support for T-Mobile VoLTE this time around?

Original ROG Owner
36 REPLIES 36

yi_phil
Star I
yi_phil

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/33069#Comment_33069

Holy crap... I finally found someone that had fixed it?!?!?! I have tried and tried again with AT&T to have them use an AT&T dummy IMEI# to do this with my ROG phone II, but the tech reps over the phone wouldn't provide me an IMEI#, and kept asking for the one for my ROG phone II.

When I first got my phone, I had HSPA+ instead of 4G LTE, so I did a speed test which came out to 1-5mbps. Never going above 5 mbps. I eventually went back to the AT&T store and provided my old Note8 IMEI which was from Sprint, got a new SIM with it, and was able to get above 5 mbps but never over 20 mbps, BUT still stuck on HSPA+. I've called AT&T and visited multiple AT&T stores in hopes to maybe have them figure out a fix, but eventually gave up... Until I read your comment.

Now, if I may ask my burning question... How or where did you get your dummy IMEI? Did you previously have an AT&T phone and just use the IMEI# from that phone? I'd DM you about it, but I don't see an option to DM...

Please for the love of God let me know, much appreciated.

View post
Nevermind, I fixed it as well. I was able to obtain my friends IMEI from his old AT&T phone. Immediately went to the nearest AT&T store, got a new SIM, provisioned with the AT&T IMEI, BOOM. Now getting 4G+ and 70+mbps.

dt808
Rising Star I
sorry i know this is an old thread but i agree with all the posts here saying the carriers won't lose customers, the phone manufacturers will. my zenfone 6 does not have volte in the US on t-mobile and i've missed important calls and texts and because of that i'm looking for a new phone. asus lost a customer, not t-mobile.