This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock broken after Android 10 update

john_kissane
Star III
Hello, looks like Smart Lock has some problems since the update to Android 10. My phone no longer stays unlocked when I'm at home or work & appears that the onbody detection isn't working either.
Can anyone confirm if this just my phone or a general bug?
27 REPLIES 27

_jis_
Zen Master III
For example, I also use Smart Lock to connect with Chromebooks many times per day, so I don't have to fill in my password when I sign in when my phone is unlocked and it works perfectly there.

john_kissane
Star III
Still not working the same as Android 9 for me, my Garmin watch is always connected via bluetooth to the phone so in theory it should never lock but it does. Work & Home should also mean the phone stays unlocked but it doesn't and so on.
Not the end of the world to have to do the fingerprint/screen pattern unlock obviously but it was nice that I didn't have to with Android 9.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Thanks for the detailed description. I use Smart Lock just like you just have Mi Band 4 and it works flawlessly. However, I know from experience with Smart Lock on Chromebooks that it works for someone and not for others. It's just Google thing, Google problem. In my opinion, any problems have nothing to do with Asus. Even here we see, someone is ok, another is sometimes broken.
To be sure try at least this:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34406/#Comment_34406

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Hi all, the software team just confirmed that they reported this issue to Google. The Pixel also has the same issue. It will be up to Google to push a fix for this one.

john_kissane
Star III
Thanks for the update, glad to hear I wasn't just imagining it 🙂