This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not charge beyond 60-64%

SantaClaw
Star II
Well, I woke up today only to see that the phone had dropped down to 56% charge despite being plugged into the original charger using the original cable for the last 6-12 hours. I tried changing to another cable, and I tried a different charger, if the phone is in use, just typing this, the battery actually drains even though it's plugged in. I tried restarting the phone. There are no apps running in the background.

I tried the side port, and it did not seem to charge any faster. In the battery app, it's stuck at "Will be fully charged in 1 hour 21 minutes"

I'd like to ad, that the other charger is the stock Razerphone 1 charger and cable, and the two lightning symbols come on.
8 REPLIES 8

SantaClaw
Star II
I found a fix, I used the Razer charger, and the razer cable, that seemed to work, I think there is an issue with the 30w charger, as I can't get the razerphone to charge properly with it either, It worked in the past.

I don't have a 18w asus charger. My phone didin't come with one.
And yes, I have adaptive charging on, from 22:00 (10 pm) to 08:00 (8 am)

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
SantaClaw

I found a fix, I used the Razer charger, and the razer cable, that seemed to work, I think there is an issue with the 30w charger, as I can't get the razerphone to charge properly with it either, It worked in the past.

View post
Great Job! this fix might give some other users some hope!
I am using the 30Watt charger than came in the box with this cable and it has been working for me!
Vinpok Bolt USB-C Magnetic Charging Cable for MacBook Pro/Air

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
SantaClaw

View post
If it is a defective charger, the warranty will cover a replacement. Please get in touch with your local ASUS support to arrange that.

SantaClaw
Star II
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39433#Comment_39433

If it is a defective charger, the warranty will cover a replacement. Please get in touch with your local ASUS support to arrange that.

View post
Will do, It's easier for me to contact the local franchise of the store chain I bought it from though, as it's covered by both warranty and Norwegian consumer protection laws..