This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add VoWifi WiFi calling feature for India [Threads Merged]

paras0710
Rising Star II
As Jio and Airtel now have wifi calling in india and soon Vodafone will also implement Wifi calling its time that Asus will add this feature in future updates.
72 REPLIES 72

Vru26
Star III
Any chances of getting this feature even on Jio?

sedl23
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

We're aware of this and currently talking to airtel about the requirements

View post
What about wifi calling and volte on T-Mobile in the U.S. ?

BoldTank
Star II
Hi,
I was able to activate and use VoWiFi on my Zenfone6. Made a call to confirm the connectivity along with voice clarity.
I was happy however my joy soon vanished as I got FOTA. Update my software and now it's gone. Everything happened in less than 30 minutes.
ZNIX9UX9J02N.jpg

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
BoldTank

Hi,

I was able to activate and use VoWiFi on my Zenfone6. Made a call to confirm the connectivity along with voice clarity.

I was happy however my joy soon vanished as I got FOTA. Update my software and now it's gone. Everything happened in less than 30 minutes.

ZNIX9UX9J02N.jpg

View post
Just curious, did you "activate" the wifi calling by dialing *#*#3642623344#*#* in the dialer app? If by chance you did, I believe that resets every time you reboot the phone. You would have to re-use that code to bring the option into settings. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then never mind.
PS - for anyone interested reading this, the code above does add wifi calling to the network settings, but it doesn't actually activate the function successfully for T-mobile in the US. Apparently root access would be needed to edit the mbn to enable it (or Asus could do it on their end). Same with volte if I understand correctly.
Edit - fixed typo

BoldTank
Star II
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39369#Comment_39369

Just curious, did you "activate" the wifi calling by dialing "#*#3642623344#*#* in the dialer app? If by chance you did, I believe that resets every time you reboot the phone. You would have to re-use that code to bring the option into settings. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then never mind.

View post
No, I didn't use this code for activation as this is not doing anything on my phone.

I saw wifi calling option activation within settings. At the top, left side of emergency contact detailes. Activated this feature for both the network.

However after the update it's gone.

And as I mentioned this code is not doing anything on my phone.