This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos get mirrored in Android 10 when camera is flipped

Star I
After updating to Android 10, photos taken when the camera is flipped get mirrored. There is no way that I can find to change this. This is really annoying, especially in photos with text in them.
I tried contacting the ASUS support chat and they said that it should be that way which makes no sense. I told them that I was able to take normal, non-mirrored photos in Android 9 but they said that the photos are mirrored in 9 as well. I checked photos taken before the update and they were normal so what they told me was not true.
7 REPLIES 7

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
_jis_

It is not possible to disable this setting when using the camera with third-party applications, so it should be disabled by default.

Check Settings / Advanced / Flip camera features / Display image right-side-up

View post
That configuration has no effect on third-party applications.

_jis_
Zen Master III
fjaviergj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38869#Comment_38869

That configuration has no effect on third-party applications.

View post
It should have effect in third-party applications according the description:
Rotate the camera preview of the 3rd party app ... in portrait mode.
We'll see what Asus moderators tell us.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39146#Comment_39146

It should have effect in third-party applications according the description:

Rotate the camera preview of the 3rd party app ... in portrait mode.

We'll see what Asus moderators tell us.

View post
It does have an effect but not the one you think. This effect only flips the image when you use the camera adjust feature, when going from main to selfie position. Like it says in the description.
The feature you request needs to be made with the app developer because you're not alone with having this issue. All android phones and probably even iPhone will take a mirrored image in FB messenger, Snapchat, Instagram and so on.
Don’t ƨɘlʇiɘ my selfie, please!What you need to do, is to take a photo using our camera app and then import that into your favorite 3rd party app if it doesn't have a built in mirror flip feature