Did you mean: 

Cannot run Spotify on new phone

quentin_packard
Star II
Device Asus Zenfone 6, 64 gig,
Model ASUS_101WDX
Operating System Android 10
Spotify app 8.5.36.747
I downloaded spotify and clicked on the app. The green icon blinks quickly and I am either presented with a window informing me that Spotify has stopped and I can get Info, Close or Feedback. Most of the time the icon fills the phone screen and then goes back to the home screen, never having started.
I have deleted/reinstalled the app several times, I have rebooted my phone many times. Today I did a factory reset. Still, I cannot get Spotify to open on my phone. I can run another music player successfully on my phone (Musicolet) and the phone can play music from YouTube. I can successfully use Spotify on the web and on my tablet, so I doubt the problem is with Spotify.
Does anyone have some suggestions to make Spotify work on my phone? Perhaps there is a setting that I'm missing?
3 REPLIES 3

Varian
Star I
Have you updated your OS to the latest version?

quentin_packard
Star II
The system is up to date
Last check for update 01/07/2020

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
quentin.packard

Device Asus Zenfone 6, 64 gig,

Model ASUS_101WDX

Operating System Android 10

Spotify app 8.5.36.747

I downloaded spotify and clicked on the app. The green icon blinks quickly and I am either presented with a window informing me that Spotify has stopped and I can get Info, Close or Feedback. Most of the time the icon fills the phone screen and then goes back to the home screen, never having started.

I have deleted/reinstalled the app several times, I have rebooted my phone many times. Today I did a factory reset. Still, I cannot get Spotify to open on my phone. I can run another music player successfully on my phone (Musicolet) and the phone can play music from YouTube. I can successfully use Spotify on the web and on my tablet, so I doubt the problem is with Spotify.

Does anyone have some suggestions to make Spotify work on my phone? Perhaps there is a setting that I'm missing?

Cannot run Spotify on new phone
Could be that some setting on your phone blocks spotify. I would suggest you to go to system settings -> system -> reset options -> reset wifi, mobile and wifi and reset app preferences. This will clear all your apps settings which means some work but I hope this will fix your problem.