This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 5z Android 10 update bugs

kushalmhatre140
Star II
After updating asus 5z , background apps are getting closed automatically after receiving call or msg. Also UI has changed with stock Android
110 REPLIES 110

Abhisuman602
Star I
After upgrading Asus 5z to Android 10...tired of these bugs
Battery drains quickly
Unable to conference calls...Add call crashes Everytime, has anyone noticed ?
Stuttering when scrolling even screen freeze for a few seconds up to a minute i.e. when scrolling in gallery, unresponsive screen when scrolling via chrome browser
The sound volume is a bit more lower
Charging takes more time
# come on Asus fix bugs as soon as possible

aamod_v8
Zen Master I

vrcitizen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37549#Comment_37549

Thank you ,7 & 9 i am trying without much luck. Meanwhile came across one more today

9)tethering hotspot switch is not turning ON despite clicking to enable from settings or from task bar. All option displayed but it's not turning ON. This used to work instantly in prior andy versions.

View post
9 is again working flawlessly for me. i tried connecting my wife's redmi note 5 pro on hotspot and it was connected seamlessly. Did you drop your phone accidentally possibly damaging the internal antennas 😮

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
Battery drain is A10 issue from Google side and Asus cannot do anything for this. COnference calls work seamlessly, no issue there. Zenui6 is lagfree better reset preference for your autostart manager and clear cache for mobile manager . FOr low volume try carefully cleaning your speaker grille for removal of dust and grime it happened with me once. What your have quoted are not really bugs. Perform a factory reset and they will go away. After every major android update should factory reset the device. @Abhisuman602

dick_m_hansson
Star II

aamod.v8

Battery drain is A10 issue from Google side and Asus cannot do anything for this. COnference calls work seamlessly, no issue there. Zenui6 is lagfree better reset preference for your autostart manager and clear cache for mobile manager . FOr low volume try carefully cleaning your speaker grille for removal of dust and grime it happened with me once. What your have quoted are not really bugs. Perform a factory reset and they will go away. After every major android update should factory reset the device. @Abhisuman602

View post
I find it extremely hard to understand/accept that "Asus cannot do anything for" battery drain. There has to be SW interface layers between Android and the specific HW for example Asus 5z.
Anyway - My 5z was good for almost two full working days before the upgrade (using Android 9) and now I'm below 30% after 6 hours of minimum usage. I have removed background usage for all apps that can be controlled so I don't see what more I can do. Should I do a re-install process for my phone? How would you in that case recommend me to do it?

ZT-41672396
Star I
I have been facing a No Service error on my Asus Zenfone 5Z 64GB/6 GB variant in India. Recently upgraded to Android 10 with the FOTA update pushed to me in December 2019. Phone has been a little laggy since then.
I have already tried the following basic checks but nothing seems to correct the problem -
1. Tried restarting the phone
2. Tried removing SIM and restarting the phone. Re-insertion of SIM also didn't cure the defect.
3. SIM is working fine in another Asus Max Pro M1
4. Tried Swapping slots on the SIM tray. No Service on both the SIM slots.
5. Tried Mobile/Wi-Fi Settings Reset.
I am posting a few screenshots. Appreciate support and help to fix this issue.
Note:- I don't want to go back to Android Pie because I fear losing my data. Have limited options to backup application data which is of critical importance to me.
IQ51793SX4L4.jpg

T24L7DL7W1K8.jpg
9U8TCGPMENDT.jpg