This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue

I'm facing issue with my Rog 2, my phone is not charging fast
1. I'm using 18w charger come with the phone to charge
2. I have used Xiaomi 2i power bank with 18w output to charge my phone (still not working)
3. When i restart the phone battery goes down 36% to 29%
4. On charging when i restart the phone it goes 8% to 13% 
5. I'm facing this problem from the 2-3 days
6. Double plus sign on battery icon as well as fast charging text on home screen is also not showing while charging 
7. I have try both usb port for charging still same
8. On charging says 10 hours to charge 100%
RRR348WRH0GD.jpg

What is the issue please help anyone
12 REPLIES 12

Phanimercedes
Star I
Same issue with me also . I bought phone 15 days back and my phone takes 8 hours to charge ? with out using it. I am using the charger they comes with the box

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
Phanimercedes

Same issue with me also . I bought phone 15 days back and my phone takes 8 hours to charge ? with out using it. I am using the charger they comes with the box

View post
Change cable even i had same prob before then after switching to my one plus cable it got solved.
IDK ABOUT THE BATTERY RISE AND FALL PROBLEM BUT IF U WANNA GET ++ sign while charging try the above method

Cenimm
Rising Star I
18w? I got 30w I think your charger is to weak.
I have this problem when I used Samsung's charger when my Asus cable got broken. Then I buyed a new cable have the same problem but then I found a USB c cable that's was made for 30w+ and then it was back to normal.

parthicomm
Star I
I have also faced the same issue. Below is my case and solution.

Case:
My batery drained and i used my friend's fast charger as i did not have my asus rog phone 2 charger nearby. Nextday i forgot to take my charger to office and the battery went to 3 % and used another friend's charger and it did charge slowly with the slow charge symbol.
after coming home i tried with my Asus rog 2 charger and it did charge slow as well. I tried using power bank with quick charge that too charged in slow charge mode.
I tried changing the cable for the Asus provided 18W charger as well. it did not charge fast.

Solution.
I tried using the side charging port with powerbank then after 3 seconds it detected the fast charge from powerbank after that the amin charging port also started detecting the quick charge but it was detecting after 2 or 3 seconds.
After this i used asus provide charger and cable it did charge slowly, i tried changing cable after that it started detecting fast charge after 3 seconds.
Please try and let me know.

parthicomm
Star I
@asus
Some how i believe it is a software issue as the issue is getting resolved after changing the ports. (the software/firmware that prevents the damage of battery due to over charging).